Even Baby David got a ride (not really--I'm not crazy!).
When we drove up, Papa immediately noticed the mountain goats off the side of the pass. We drove the four-wheeler up and could see them a little ways away. Then they started coming closer and closer. When Grammy went up with Papa, the goats were within three feet away from them. How awesome is that?! Unfortunately, for the rest of us, we were only within 20 feet of them, but nonetheless, it was really cool.

This is a snapshot of the pass the goats were on. Crazy steepness!

Down this side is the jeep road or lack thereof to Breckonridge.



The goats were so beautiful! I don't know why, but I always get mountain goats and sheep confused. I guess the sheep have the curls, don't they?

Madre looked very comfortable on the four-wheeler!


Even Grammy showed her wild side, willing to try new things, by going up the mountain.






One of the highlights of the trip was potty-training Matthew. He just had his 3rd birthday a month ago. We've been saying that he would be potty-trained by 2. Well two came and went. We started, but never officially finished. Then, we said we'll do it before summer. FYI, that didn't happen either. This trip to Colorado, Mama said she was determined to help Keri potty-train Matthew. So . . . we provided the incentive of a big toy airplane. He didn't get trained while we were there, but upon our return, we caught him. And now he loves it! In fact, we've almost had to tell him to tone it down. We were at the Sprint store on Saturday and the next thing we know, we hear, "I go poopey in the toilet, and I get a big, big airplane!" The saleswoman was unmarried and had no children, so her shockvalue was priceless!



So I guess I posted this picture twice, and I'm unable to delete a picture without deleting the entire post.
Monday, October 22, 2007
Vacation
Keri and the boys just got back from a week's vacation in Denver. Ryan really urged Keri to get away, as she was having some struggles. It ended up being a perfect remedy! Keri's parents and grandparents helped sooooo much with the boys and Keri could relax! Matthew especially had a fun time at Mama McLeish's house because of her yard, all of the Halloween activities, and riding on the "big, big airplane".
This is the pumpkin Papa and Matthew carved. Matthew's contribution consisted of pulling some seeds out of the center. However, after one handful, Matthew decided it was too yucky.

One of the days we were there; Mama, Papa, Grammy, Mommy, Matthew, & David drove up to Georgia Pass / Kenosha Pass. The view was absolutely gorgeous! We had such a fun time having a picnic and riding the four-wheeler. Papa took everyone up at least once, if not more. The coolest part for Keri was driving down to the mining cabins. It was really fun to drive the ATV and take in the scenery. We had just a fantastic time!!!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment