Well, in case you haven't heard, Sky View HS lost in the semi-finals 55-24 to Pine View HS. It was a pretty big loss, however, the coaches were very pleased with the boys. This is one spot further than they made it last year, and they also were not expected to make it too far this year. So . . . it's the end of a great season! Way to go Sky View!!!
Besides being the circus show in sacrament meeting today, Matthew also said some pretty hilarious things. In nursery he told his leaders, after they mentioned Christmas, that he wants to have the roast beef. The nursery worker approached me after, and I had to explain that we've been reading How the Grinch Stole Christmas. The Grinch carves the "roast beast" at the end. It was pretty cute!
Matthew also has had a very rough day today. He went to give someone a hug before leaving church, and the boys bonked heads. Matthew wouldn't stop crying, and so I had to calm him down. After he finished "whining" about everything, we started to leave. Ryan immediately noticed his bloody nose. Poor kid! They bonked so hard that his nose bled. And I, being this mean mom, was just sitting there telling him to toughen up. To make matters worse, we had dinner at a friend's house tonight. Matthew went downstairs to play with the other kids. All of a sudden, we heard Matthew crying hysterically. I started to walk down, and just figured he slipped on the stairs or something. Then Payton, one of the little boys, said, "Um, I think he's hurt really bad." I went down, and his face was just covered in blood. Their youngest boy had thrown a truck down the stairs and it landed right on Matthew's head. He has a huge gash / scrape mark on his head. I immediately thought, "Okay, where is our medical card? We're going to end up at the hospital today." (Blood freaks me out!) Instead, Ryan and Jeff looked at it, cleaned it, looked at it some more, put antibiotic cream on it, and put a bandaid on it. He's as good as new! Drama seems to follow our family! Ironically, these are the same friends whose home we were at last time when Matthew had to get stitches after falling.
No comments:
Post a Comment