Thanks so much for the referral to allrecipes.com, D'Lonna! I used these two recipes for part of Ryan's Valentine's Day dinner tonight, and the meal was to die for!!! Each recipe has been rated 5/5 by over 1,000 people. Actually the fruit salsa was 5/5 by 1,348 people and the artichoke dip was rated 5/5 by 1,024 people. It's apparently not just me. Try it and enjoy!!! On the artichoke dip, I used an Alfredo sauce with sun-dried tomatoes. Also, we made a few substitutions on the fruit salsa. Instead of raspberries, we used blackberries, and we used raspberry preserves. It tasted amazing!!!!
Annie's Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips
SUBMITTED BY: Ann Renzino Page PHOTO BY: Allrecipes "Easy to make, tasty fruit salsa and cinnamon tortilla chips. Great as an appetizer or a snack. Great for anytime!"
PREP TIME 15 Min
COOK TIME 10 Min
READY IN 45 Min
SERVINGS & SCALING
Original recipe yield: 10 servings
USMETRIC
INGREDIENTS
2 kiwis, peeled and diced
2 Golden Delicious apples - peeled, cored and diced
8 ounces raspberries
1 pound strawberries
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor
10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
butter flavored cooking spray
2 cups cinnamon sugar
READ REVIEWS (1,348)
DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, Golden Delicious apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray. Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.
Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture.
Artichoke & Spinach Dip Restaurant Style
Submitted by: TerraD Rated: 5 out of 5 by 1024 members
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour 15 MinutesYields: 12 servings
"Alfredo sauce brings a rich, creamy twist to an old favorite. Serve this hot dip with bread sticks, chips or crackers."
INGREDIENTS:
4 cloves garlic
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 (10 ounce) container Alfredo-style pasta sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.Place garlic in a small baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven 20 to 30 minutes, until soft. Remove from heat. When cool enough to touch, squeeze softened garlic from skins.
3.In an 8x8 inch baking dish, spread the roasted garlic, spinach, artichoke hearts, Alfredo-style pasta sauce, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and cream cheese.
4.Cover and bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until cheeses are melted and bubbly. Serve warm.
8 comments:
I have made the first one. I swear so good!!!! Like a dessert.
The second, I don't think I have, but I swear I was drooling as I read it.
I love allrecipes.com
I love allrecipes.com too! I love how you can change the number of servings you need and it will readjust the recipe.
You always make the best food!
I really wish I could get together...but no, I'm live in Oregon. Some other time though when we are all home!
Allrecipes.com is my go-to website for any recipe I need!! I absolutely love it!! The fruit salsa sounds delicious. I am still in Colorado, I'm down in Parker. Where are you going to be moving to?? Why are you leaving Texas?
I would love to get together for a play date!! When are you going to be moving back to Denver?? Didn't you just move to Texas?? Please explain! I live in Stapleton, which is just east of Downtown Denver... Let me know what you guys decide and I'll make it on the calender! A
k Keri, start explaining..i am reading the comments and they are saying that you guys are moving? WHats going on here? You just moved!! Did you miss the packing and un packing so much that you want to do it again? Let me know!!
I love that you posted this about the recipes. I have checked out the website and i love it! I am going to use it a lot. I think i know why you were always cooking now! You are such a good cute little mom!!! I look forward to reading your posts! They are so fun!
Keri, I am sorry to hear that, you need to do what's best for your family!! How long does Ryan have left of student teaching? It is hard to be apart, the longest my husband and I were apart was 6 weeks. I thought it was pretty long!! Just let me know when you want to get together, I would love to catch up!
Post a Comment