Monday, November 21, 2011

Changes on the Horizon . . .

So . . . . I really wish that I kept this blog up on a more regular basis. I'm trying, however.

There are lots of changes on the horizon for our little family. First of all, I started writing again--professionally. I'm VERY excited about that. It's an answer to prayers that continuously are prayed, but it also helps my soul. I can't explain it, but it's such a sweet release for me. And I love learning. Right now, I have the amazing opportunity of shadowing various financial gurus and discovering the world of investing, the economy, various companies, business opportunities, and reviews of different products on the market at large. LOVELOVELOVE this.

As a result, this little blog has become a bit neglected. While I love writing, it does zap some of my energy--at least, when I write this much.

Second excuse for my lack of attention stems from my new project. I am launching a website, which I will write all of the content for, as well as SEO (Well, my boss is going to help me too.). Anyway, I'm really pleased with this project. This is something I have wanted to do for years, and I feel like it's actually part of my calling in life. This blog will offer support to women and parents out there to children with behavior disorders, learning disabilities, and special needs. The idea is to create a network of families to lend support, accomplish learning about their children's needs, and help individuals to cope with the world around them. If all goes according to plan, we will launch this project before the end of the year.

I'm most excited about this, because it accomplishes one of my purposes here, but also it will give me a place where I can be open and frank about my world. It will offer empathy and lift others who have no where to turn. It's going to stretch me. Eventually, the goal is to bring on more writers, and within the next 6-12 months, I hope to author and/or co-author a book. Anyway . . .

We continue to focus energy inwardly toward our little family. Again, this means less outside distractions, less social gatherings, more home dates, more time with the little ones gathered around us, time discussing what works and changes needed, and overall, tuning in to the things most important. We want to continue to solidify our righteous patterns and add more. It's been a painful process or rather, an emotionally exhausting process. Some days are really great, where we make a lot of process. Other days, it's sort of a struggle; however, it's made us stronger and brought us closer to each other and the Lord. We wouldn't trade our life or anything in it for the world.

Of course, I can't speak of all changes yet, but they are on the horizon. We pray about them daily. We still think about our little girl: the timing of that is a little ways off.

Last, I am running a half-marathon (13.1 miles) on March 17th, 2012. I'm very excited for this. It's on my bucket list to do before I turn 30, which is next year. I've been training for about a month now. It's exciting.

5 comments:

Katie Jane said...

You are amazing woman.

Crystal said...

Always looked up to you Keri, and I continue to do so even through your blog.

Jenni S said...

So excited for your new adventure! You will do a wonderful job!

Aubrey said...

That's wonderful Keri! Good luck with everything!

Lindsay said...

You are a super woman! Love you girl.