Sunday, December 30, 2007
Welcome to Texas--Where Everything Is Bigger And Better!
So I have learned a lot since I've spent 1 1/2 weeks of my life down here. Specifically, I have not made it through a day yet where no one has used the phrase, "Y'all". And everywhere I have gone, people offer to help. In fact, when we were passing through a town while journeying down here, a woman came rushing out to see if we needed anything for our kids (Ryan was changing David in the front seat of the Camry.). People talk to me in the parking lots, restaurants, in the stores, at church, wherever. It's kind of amazing! And it is refreshing to see that there are more restaurants in a town than Olive Garden and Chili's. Furthermore, there are signs a few blocks ahead to inform you of the upcoming intersection. It's wonderful!! I still sometimes have to compute over and over in my head what people are saying because of the thickness of their accent; however, most people are pretty easy to understand. If I go in public, I can count at least 3 crosses around people's necks. Anyway, tune in later for more found Texasisms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We are so glad to have you here with us! We have been telling everyone to be extra nice, so you will want to stay.
Hey I totally understand! I have been here over 8 months now and I am still adjusting! Everyone is nice here, but it is a huge change from what I am used to. Just wait until summer!! :) Josh is currently changing jobs at the moment so things are crazy. When you settle down a bit we should plan a trip to come see ya'll. We just updated our blog you can check out our new post Christmas tradition!
Of Course I remember you Care Bear!! 8th grade physical science lab partners...Come on!! We played MASH all period! How are you?? Where are you living? How is life?? You have two boys it looks like?? So cute!! I am out the door but I will read more later and catch up!! Happy New Year! Amber
Of course I remember you!!! In fact, I think it's your aunt...not exactly sure what the relation is...but Debbie McGill is in my ward, and I used to ask her a lot about you. How are you doing!?!? You look great! email me!!! tarah.ingram@cox.net
Post a Comment