Sunday, April 13, 2008

Surreal Moments in Time

Each day, I realize that time seems to go faster, that my boys are growing up, I'm getting older, and soon, they'll be in school and no longer my little babies. The other night, my mom and I were talking in the family room when David came bouncing over with his "motor" running. All of a sudden, he stood up, and stared at us. It was really strange to see him in that light. It was as if we were no longer staring at my "little dumpling". Instead, he had this look of a little boy, who was ready to take on the world, no longer in need of his mommy as much as I think he should. It broke my heart, and yet, I realized what a great potential he has. Almost simultaneously, my mother commented on how grown up he looked and acted.

Both boys do these cheesey smiles. I love them! Unfortunately, I forgot to rotate Matthew's picture before posting. Oops!
Uncle Steven is always so excited to hold the boys--even when they refuse to let him. It's pretty sweet to watch!

9 comments:

Allred Family said...

So cute!!!! That picture of David is adorable, he looks like such a big boy. It's crazy how fast they grow up.

Unknown said...

I would always look in on your blog (cause I really miss your sweet little self)and wonder how you did this "blog stuff". Well, one of my friends started one and told my I would love it, So, I did! And I do ! I Love all your pic. I can't believe how big the boys are getting!!! I would like to see more pictures of you, you know :) ! Love your Face!! Shanilee

DLonna said...

YOu need to bring those boys back to Texas soon. We are missing watching them grow up, but realize your mom probably loves it.

We miss our Matthew and Little David!!!!! Keri, don't worry we miss you too!

Julie said...

I love looking at your blog!It is so uplifting! The pictures you take are so cute and so much fun! I love it! you guys seem happy and full of life right now! How are things? How are you???

Becky said...

your boys are so cute Keri, I hope one day I can bring Tyler over and they can play! Anytime you want to come to D.C. and visit, we'd love to have you!:) Crystal is doing good, she and Rob live about 20 minutes away and they are actually going to buy a place soon.

Anonymous said...

Your boys are so cute, Keri!!!! I can't believe you have two adorable, growing big boys now either!!! Guess what? I just heard Babett is pregnant with her 4th-- pretty exciting!

kevin and angie said...

As always I must say, your boys are too cute!! Their personalities shine in these pictures! I think Andrew would get a long so well with them. Hope all is going well!!

Rachel Seren said...

I agree David is getting so old! I can't believe our boys are all getting so grown up. It seemed like yesterday you were pregnant with Matthew!

AdAmy said...

Hey Keri, it's Amy A. I can't believe how big your boys have already gotten, especially David. He does look like a little boy. I saw Stacey today, she was visiting our ward, it was fun. Did you get the link to our blog that I e-mailed you?