Well, a few week before the final registration and meet the teacher night, I began having promptings to revisit this idea. Specifically, I began to question whether or not David really should attend here. In the end, I had the impression to pull him out, which meant we lost our registration money, and to teach him here at home. I felt like he needed to be with someone who understood him entirely and loved him no matter what. That's when a lady in our ward began asking me if we had enrolled him anywhere and if she could teach him in her home with her one of her sons, whom David absolutely loves. Because this lady loves David so much and he loves her, Ryan and I began praying about this situation. We wondered if this was our answer. In the end, we sided with this and David has been attending pre-school there ever since. Recently, due to sickness, behavior, low attention spans, etc, etc, we (as in the teacher and I) have decided that only once a week will be sufficient. As a result, David is only going to be attending pre-school for one hour a week in her home on Wednesdays.
Long story, right?
Okay, so . . . that led me back to my initial answer: teach your son in your own home. Yes, we're still going to do the pre-school once a week, but I've decided to do pre-school with David here by myself on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We've only done one day, but so far it's been great!! He's been asking when we are doing school again.
The first day was the theme, "You are 'Beary' special." My mother-in-law is to thank here. She gave me all of these really cute packets of different activities and what not; Melanie, you will remember many of these, since we did them with Sydney and Matthew. Anyway, this next week is going to be a farm theme and we are making a trip out to Dewberry Farm for a pumpkin patch. I'm really excited about it and I think David will be too!
It was my turn to watch the kiddies for date night. Funny enough, no one ended up going on a date. Ryan had scouting, so he wasn't home with me. One of the wives was out to dinner to say goodbye to a friend moving, one wife was out of town, and so everyone did their own thing. I think the kids had an AMAZING time, however. Saturday was packed with a soccer game, chores, and then, a football game. As a result, I got everything together before we left. I had packets of coloring sheets, a game, a puppet show, and more pictures. The kids LOVED those!
I also made cookies for them to decorate and made sure everyone had the same amount of shapes and everything. We had yummy snacks and treats--thanks, Mona Kay for the idea (You did this forever ago and I copied it.). One of the fun things we made was peanut butter cup spiders. Also, after our puppet shows, we read Halloween books, and then, wrapped each other up as mummies and played a game. Fun was definitely had by all.
Date #18 was supposed to be a temple trip, but because I failed to communicate the time effectively, we had to just go out to dinner. We were really bummed, but we still had a great conversation over dinner and then, we had to stop at Wal-Mart. No date is complete without this!
The end.
2 comments:
How cute! You are so creative with the things you do with your kids. I love all of the fun things you guys do. Thanks for sharing them!
Sounds like a lot of fun, I loved teaching my boys preschool. There is just something about seeing them make connections and knowing you helped them get there. We are heading out to Dewberry farms as well this week! We loved it so much last year we are making it a tradition. Hope ya'll have fun!
Post a Comment