Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Quick Trip, Baking, More Birthday, And Lots of Pics!

These are just really random! And there are lots. Beware!

This is the Lego x-wing fighter Matthew got for his birthday. He put it together in about an hour or an hour and a half.

David continues to bake with me in the kitchen and I love these moments we share together. Right now his most repeated phrase is, "I told juh . . ."


We made these delicious cookies below and oh my . . . DELICIOUS!!!

Matthew 3:13-17
Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

We made a quick trip to Dallas over the weekend for this cousin's baptism. We are so pleased with his decision to follow in the footsteps of Jesus and to get baptized. It was a really special experience and the Spirit testified that that was where we needed to be. I'm grateful we could share that with our family.

While there, we made Halloween crafts . . .




And invaded Uncle Dallin's second home--Five Guys--for a delicious dinner! I'm certain the patrons felt intrigued by observing all 8 boys and single little girl. It was crazy, chaotic, fun, exciting, filled with laughter and silliness, and we had such an AMAZING time!!! I will never forget this trip.


October is upon us and this household is EXCITED! We have begun our stretch of crafts and projects to help soak in the upcoming holiday. I love this time of year. Children really do make it magical.

It feels fallish down here and I'm so happy for the change in weather. Bring on the hot chocolate, the blankets, the jackets, and cool air. I LOVE it!

And have I mentioned that this little man is crawling everywhere? No longer does he sit stationary--so . . . that means I have to be certain all odds and ends are picked up--including the balloon you see in his mouth.

3 comments:

Gary and Mauri said...

Cute CUTE kids!! And we just made those yummy cookies the other day too....VERY delicious :) Hey, did you get my email about coupons?!

Kristen said...

Love the pictures! Little Ethan is growing up so fast!! Those cookies look yummy. Can I get that recipe from you? I hope that all is well with you. Your family is beautiful - in a rugged, manly kind of way! :)

Tracy Giles said...

I love all the pictures! You have the cutest boys!! You guys are such a fun family. I always enjoy getting caught up on your blog.