Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Bazillion Dates to Recall & Getting Back to My Roots

Ryan and I had free movie tickets (Well, not really free, since I bought the cereal boxes, but free that night. Actually, I purchased them on Christmas Eve.), so we jumped on the movie train and broke our rules of dating--to never repeat the same date in one month.

When we left for the theater, I had plans of seeing True Grit; however, after hearing about how violent and bloody it would probably be (Is it really?), I opted for Tron. I wasn't too excited about this one either, and especially unexcited when I found out it was 3-D . . . but I quickly changed my attitude when I realized how excited Ryan was to see it. And you know what?

I liked it--A LOT. It was really good.

Didn't really get into this one. We did a random movie marathon the same night we went to the theater (bad idea with 9 a.m. church) and I don't even think that I finished this. Maybe I did. I don't know. Not a huge Tom Cruise or Cameron Diaz fan. Before this movie started, Ryan and I did an intermission: he highlighted my hair. I know. I said that I wasn't going to cover my gray and just let it all turn white. But you know what? I am only 28. I am a young 28; in fact, I am only 28 and 1 month and 1 day old. When you cannot count how much gray hair you have, because there is so much, it starts to become a bit delicate. Thus, Ryan highlighted my hair. The plan is to eventually go blond, since that will hide the gray better. Allow me to clarify: I like my hair color. I like my dark hair. However, coloring my hair dark to hide the gray does nothing but color the brown parts and expose the white parts. Thus, we see defeat of the entire process. At any rate, pics to come.

This Saturday night, we will be going here.

Not so big on this movie or the book; however, the Italy section makes me crave and practically taste the gelato from her descriptions--same with her pastas and creamy sauces, pizzas, breads, and every other carb she comes across in this book. Ryan watched it like a champ.

We spent one date night here, and I have to say, this is the best place to go when you need peace, clarity, and serenity. We had the chance to visit many dear friends from the Plano 6th ward, who happened to work that night. It really is heaven on Earth.

We met up with some friends at a hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant for a sopapilla, some delicious nachos, and chips and salsa.


While in Dallas, we did a group date with Ryan's parents and siblings/spouses (minus Dallin & Stephanie, and Travis & Cami). We had such a fabulous time! We found ourselves at family dinner night at Carino's Italian, which is very tasty might I add. You can order a family platter to share for half the price. So for two people, you pay $13.00 and you take home two more meals. It was delicious.



After eating at Carino's, we worked our way over to BJ's Brewery for some delicious pizookies, compliments of Ryan's parents. AMAZING!!!

1 comment:

Jenni S said...

Hey, I have to say that I am really impressed that Ryan highlighted your hair!!! I'm right there with you on the grayness. It stinks - I started getting them when I was about 20! Now they are everywhere. It really is no fun - my sister has to fix it with color often. And those desserts look so good! I need to shut down this page so they will stop staring at me.