Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Sunday Profile, New Hair, & A Cake

This post took courage for me, but I realize that I do not have many photos of Ethan and I together and that makes me sad. Today is his first birthday. We will celebrate tonight, but it's just that the time is going too fast. I need more time with these little men.
At any rate, below are said pics for family to see--especially Kristin--that I still have hair left and it's not green or anything too drastic. Ryan did a fine job on my hair. The plan is to slowly go blonder, because of the gray.
Anyway, back to my courage; yes, this post took lots of courage. You can see that these are not the most flattering of pics. I'm learning to re-love myself on the outside. No, I'm not where I want to be, but it's okay. I am going to get there one jog/walk at a time. My goals this year differ from years past. No longer am I shooting for a specific number--more or less a specific range; however, more than that, I am aiming to run some races. I want to complete a 5K, a 10K, a half, and a full (if my knees are up for the challenge). I'm 28 and I always said I wanted to accomplish a marathon before 30. I think it will be empowering. So . . . now these goals are public.
Oh, and I put in a cute pic of my jars. I really just LOVELOVELOVE them. They're so fun--even if my family cannot keep their hands out of them!!!








7 comments:

Becky said...

cute cute family Keri! And I think your hair looks pretty. I can't believe your baby is already one! I feel like time speeds up too much with these kids!

Kristen said...

Keri- You are beautiful! I completely understand the whole re-learning to love yourself. My body will never be the same again and that's ok, at least most days! I love your goals. Good luck with the running. You are so ambitious. I am content with my 5K, but perhaps after I've recovered from this pregnancy I might push for a 10K - but first I have to get back into running! Great job with the cake too! Your little men are so handsome! I really wish we lived closer - that would be grand!! Love ya!

Jill Skouson said...

Your hairs looks beautiful! I'm very impressed that your husband did that!

Lindsay said...

Gorgeous darling! Simply gorgeous. And that cake is awesome.

Seantae Jackson said...

Keri-

I cannot believe how similar our posts are today! You are amazing and always so inspirational. You look beautiful.

Jenni S said...

Wow, super impressed with the hair! That is just so cool. And you are and always have been the most adorable lady! I have those feelings too though, I guess it's a girl thing. Good luck on the running, sounds fun.

Marianne said...

Keri, you are beautiful! Seriously.