Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Good Week

We are doing well. Not much is going on. Matthew stands in the kitchen washing dishes, Ethan is playing with David, who is Fred-Flinstoning his Tonka truck around the family room, while Brother Allred is watching the Joseph Smith movie. Life is good, and we have too many blessings to count. We had the chance to do a temple session last night; it was wonderful to be in the temple with my eternal companion. It makes both of us better and inspires us to act better. It reminds me of why I married him and helps me to fall that much more in love with him.

This past week, I worked out everyday with a friend, doing Insanity. It is CRAZY, but so fun, and I LOVE it!!!

I feel blessed to be in the nursery at this time. If Christ came today, I am certain, He would pay homage to the room filled with squeals, little handprints all over the walls, chewed up crayons, fruit snacks, and little sunshines we hold, while singing "Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam." They are perfect and sweet and smart, and I LOVE all of them to pieces.

We head out to Arkansas this Thursday. Then, we hit Arizona the following week. I'm not certain my grandfather will be alive when we get there, as he is internally bleeding at this time; however, I know things will be alright. We said our goodbyes over the phone just this past week. It was very tearful to hear my boys speak their possible last words to their great grandfather. I, too, spoke to him quite openly about his passing and crossing over the veil. I hope when my life is over that I will also be able to say that I loved my spouse passionately to the end, never spoke guile, and lived righteously. He is truly an amazing man.

My compassion, as it once was, is slowly returning. I'm developing that mother-heart again, and I am able to feel more empathy for others. This brings me great joy; it's been a difficult and humbling process, but I am pleased to say that Heavenly Father answers all of our prayers.

A really awesome event from last week occurred on Friday night when we took the boys to the Friday night Fireworks show and Astros' baseball game. Their faces lit up, as the sky above them exploded in brilliant and dazzling colors. I'm still not sure which I enjoyed more. The only word to describe the evening is "magic." Everything about it felt magical and alive. Then, I witnessed them walk hand-in-hand with their dad down the various levels of endless ramps, as we were at the very top of the stadium in the nosebleeds in section 432 to be exact, two rows form the top. Something about the wave, the loud noises of vendors shouting their "Get your crackerjacks here" and "Peanuts, I've got peanuts," the seventh inning stretch, and the various characters that make it out for the game bring back so many fond childhood memories. I took a mental snapshot last night, which I hope never to forget. What a wonderful family outing.

1 comment:

Tracy Giles said...

I thought I would stop in and say Hi. I feel like it's been forever since I've seen you. Sounds like things are going well. I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather.

I know what you mean about the empathy thing. Once upon a time I was a fairly empathetic person. Trying to get back to that.

I think if the Savior showed up to church one Sunday, nursery is the first place he would go.

I miss you guys!