Thursday, June 16, 2011

Neglect


My jars continue to make me so happy! There is something entirely magical about the color and vibrancy and the goodness in those cherry sours. Now, the downfall is that three little monkies and one dad live in my house--I CANNOT KEEP THE JARS FILLED FOR MORE THAN A WEEK.

We attempted to pick strawberries a while back at Froberg's farm off the Gulf. Their website claimed strawberry-picking was still happening, but upon arrival, we discovered not so much. They had actually finished the week previously, as a result, we just perused the store. Oh boy, did they have some YUM-O things, like: homemade, fresh, hot, and pocket-size, fruit pies, strawberries, smoked sausage, jams, veggies, and 26+ pound watermelons. It was heaven! I will take the kids back next spring, but hit up the farm much earlier to ensure we are guaranteed to pick our own strawberries.

This little man enjoyed every bite he could get his hands on.



And more pics of the flowers. These were taken a while ago. The flowers actually went about 6-9 inches higher than this. Someone seriously played a joke on the patrons of Wal-Mart, because the box said I was buying dwarf-size petunias. Pure craziness, but I LOVE them!

Matthew's sweet teacher, Ms. Rigling, on graduation day. It was bitter sweet. I can't believe he's already moving on to first grade. It flew!

The bunk beds.

This is what the garden looks like right now. It didn't do as well as we had hoped; however, we have already picked some squash and little yellow tomatoes. We have had lots of banana peppers, and one red roma. We should get MANY more tomatoes, peppers, squash, and onions. And then, there are lots of randomly-growing plants in our garden. These are things that have seeded from our composting directly into the garden. I had no idea it could happen, so we'll see what comes of it. I'm excited! And hopefully, all of these peels and what not will help the garden for the fall, when we plant cabbage, broccoli, pumpkins, and onions.

No comments: