
Every night before bed, this Davey asks for a "fish" kiss, a "monster" kiss, a "dinosaur" kiss, a "race car" kiss and the list continues on. We usually cut him off after three. He wants hugs. He reminds us to floss and brush and mouth wash. He remembers that we need to read scriptures and say prayers.
He is always concerned about what activities we are going to do as a family. He wants us to take walks as a family, ride bikes as a family, go to the temple grounds, do family movie night, eat at the "resternaut" as a family, or go to the park as a family.

His giggles are contagious. Once his little laugh starts, those dimples come out, his eyes dance, and we are putty in his hands.
Davey, I hope you know how much we love you and love that you are a part of our family. Often times, we don't know how to handle your strong will and independence. We mess up and have to ask for your forgiveness in being short and sometimes harsh, but we really do love you and have your best interest in mind.
You have such a sharp memory and keen mind. We enjoy watching you learn and grow. It's wonderful to hear you play nicely with your brothers and show your concern for them. We hope over the course of your childhood, your climb into adolescence, and your adulthood that you will always remain close to your brothers and keep them as your best friends.
You are ever precious, Davey. Those gorgeous blue eyes charm us everyday with that beautiful white, blond hair. Can we be more smitten with a boy named Davey? Oh, how we love you!
Lots of love,
Mom
2 comments:
What a great post. It's so easy to get caught up in the negative. And I agree, they deserve to hear the goods. Because there are so many. And thank you for your miracle post. Sometimes taking the time to see the miracle in something can make it feel like a blessing instead of a curse. (Oh, and I made my blog private. Email me your email and I'll get you an invite).
Keri-
That is so fun that you met Kaitlyn and she's in your ward! How crazy is that!?! She is such a sweet girl....like unto YOURSELF! I miss you guys too. Whenever I read your posts, I makes me want to hang out! I loved the times we got together in CO. But I'm so glad we can keep in touch in the blog-o-sphere!! You are such a great example to me.
Love you always!
Natalie
Post a Comment