Saturday, March 1, 2014

Home

There are just some things in life that feel like life or trigger memories that remind you of home.  For me, certain songs, bedtime stories, and places trigger such photographs.  This blog is one of those.

Since this blog's memory filled up, I have written a number of publications on other blogs--both personal and professional, as well as websites.  All of them leave me with a nagging feeling, however, that something is not quite right.  Something is hanging in the balance and I feel off-center.

Hence, I came back.  I decided that for whatever measly $10 or other amount, it's worth it.  These days I need as many reminders of home and familiarities as possible.

My home is currently torn up.  :(  Since our house flooded in December, as well as re-flooded in January, I find myself clinging to anything stable.  (Perhaps, the apple does not fall far from the tree, because I thrive on schedules and routines.)  I don't like things out of whack.

My house feels extra cluttered and dirty, since this past flood.  And this week, as the bathroom remodels come to a close, all of our personal affects will be positioned in a helper-skelter sort of fashion in our family room, while the floor people carpet and demo and re-carpet, etc, our bedrooms.  I just want it finished.  *Sigh…

Anyway, in other news, I am fighting the good fight with my weight.  I hate that I struggle with it so much.  I'm totally and completely what I eat--whether it's a pear or chocolate or a "hammer-mer".  My hips cannot hide it.  I'm trying to do a better job with my exercise and healthy eating habits.

I'm also working full time for Costco.  It's tiring and wearing, but actually I love it.  Currently, I work in the marketing department, and I really enjoy working with the various HR departments we have the privilege of contacting each day.

The boys continue to grow.  Good things, challenges, sad times, hard things--we experience it all.

Oh, it's really great to be back.  More thoughts to come in the near future:  more than these simple iterations of play by play on my life.  I miss the reflections once shared here.  Even if social media has left blogging in the dust, that's alright.  This is a good place for me.

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Glad you're back. I love blogging for me, not for anyone else. Well, I do it for my family too...after all, my blog is our family journal. I don't know that it will ever be a thing of the past for me. I just wanted to tell you that at the same time your memory "filled up" as you say, mine supposedly did as well. It turned out that Google was having problems with their photo storage site, Picasa, and it was giving that message to many, many people in error. I have uploaded thousands of pictures to my blog and it currently says I am using only 6% of my storage. So before you pay too much more, you might want to double check that your storage is really used up. I would bet it's not. (I should have said something to you over a year ago when this happened so I'm sorry. I thought you were just as happy with the new blog you had already created so I didn't bother.) I look forward to hearing more from you!

Sara B said...

i am glad you are back!

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/bahaya-tangki-bensin-mobil-kosong