Maybe our family is simply not meant to co-exist with water. It's in our bodies. We need it to stay alive, but seriously…what the h?!!
Upon Ryan's return from work today, he noted that a pipe burst in his classroom some time in the night. The science staff took care of the issue and they were able to clean up the catastrophe, but then, the janitor came in to offer his help, and he re-flooded the entire room. What are the odds?? Sounds a bit too familiar right.
Then, tonight before Ryan started working on the bathroom, Ethan announced that he successfully flushed a pear down the toilet. Ummm…no, he did not successfully do anything of the sort.
Instead, Ryan came rushing into the bathroom to find water spilling over the brim of the toilet. Thankfully, he knew right where to find our snake, which we purchased during a previous flood and was able to remove said object from the toilet. Seriously, how do they come up with these things?
I immediately thought to right this one down. Come on: it is pretty funny. The boys have flooded every place we've ever lived just about.
In other matters, Ethan told me my face looked like a "hammer-mer" when he squishes it together.
Matthew cleaned up his bedroom, the family room, and kitchen after school with complaining.
David did amazing at gymnastics tonight. That kid is so agile. He cleared the pummel horse and flew over it--literally FLEW over it. I see a future track star in him.
And going back to Ethan, he wore his shark helmet to gymnastics to watch his brother. Periodically, he would comment on how awesome each of the kids were. Then, at one point, he turned to me and said, "Mama, I'm not going to suck my thumb anymore, because I want to get a second dog."
Me: Excuse me, Ethan?
Ethan: Dad told me I could get a big, black dog if I stop sucking my thumb.
Me (thinking): Hmmm…very interesting. I wonder when your dad had plans of telling me that.
No comments:
Post a Comment