I don't know why, but I just had a bad attitude today. And it wasn't even while I was at work; it was just about going to work. Some days, I feel that urgency about staying home. I feel the guilt of leaving Ethan at the sitter's house. But then, I remember that I have to work. I remember why I am doing this.
At any rate, I really didn't want to go to work today, but it went fine while I was there. The rough part came later.
Upon clocking out of work, I discovered that Ryan had to head to the dealership to see about the truck situation, as well as attend his scheduled hair cut. I picked up the boys and then, proceeded toward the floor shop.
I sort of cringe each time we go here, because the boys behave so crazy inside. And I'm not even sure why; maybe it's the lack of things to do for a little boy. I don't know. But without fail they always go nuts.
The whole reason for stepping foot in there this evening was to make the down payment for the remodeling for the flood, caused by none other than infamous Ethan in our bathroom.
After about 30 minutes of our being there, David had to use the bathroom. It's a tiny powder room. Really small actually. After about 5 or 10 minutes, the other boys began inquiring of David's whereabouts and exactly what was going on in that bathroom. Ethan suddenly pried open the door, only to hear David calling for me.
Quickly, I walked over and let myself in. Imagine the horror on my face to discover that David not only had an accident (which I can handle), but there was toilet water all over the bathroom.
"David, what the heck?! What did you do??!"
"Mom, I had an accident and didn't make it to the toilet in time. Look at my underwear."
"David there is water everywhere. Why are you using paper towels?"
Needless to say, we spent about 20 more minutes in there cleaning up the mess.
How ironic that he flooded the flooring place's bathroom, while we were there to purchase their services for a bathroom flood at home? Sometimes, I'm not sure how cut out I am for this.
No comments:
Post a Comment