Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Holidays & More
I love dressing the boys identical for church. It's such fun!!! And if you're going to take the time to play dress-up, then you have to take pics, LOTS of pics!!!
Matthew is such a "cheese", but I love it!!

I had a lot of fun playing around with the sepia.
Of course, whenever I would get one smiling, the other would look away. Big surprise!!
I love this picture of the boys. They really are getting to be quite the pair--partners in crime, buddies, pals, and giggle friends. It's so much fun to watch. I guess the best part is that I can finally say that it's happened; you were right, Rach.
Mother's Day was a difficult day for me this year without Ryan. However, I did get to spend the holiday with some of my extended family, and several women who have been amazing mothers in my life and taught me how to be a mother. That really made the day special for me, and it proved to be one of the most memorable yet.
I tried to take as many photos as possible to remember the special day.
Matthew loves snuggling up with his "Pop-Pop". This is something his "mommy" still loves to do.
The best part about getting together is seeing everyone work together to put on the best meals ever!!! Welcome to the McLeish / Collinsworth / Vail clan--YOU WILL EAT WELL!!!
This is my beautiful, warm sister-in-law Gabi and my dear Aunt Diane. Gabi & Steven are expecting their first child in November, and we are so excited for them!!! We also received some other really wonderful news--Jenny, Diane's daughter, is expecting on Christmas Day! Congratulations a million times to Jen & Garrett, and Steven & Gabi!! We are so excited for all of you all!
These are my darling grandparents, "Pop-Pop" and "Grammy". They always make everyone feel so at home with their love and generous hospitality!!! Grammy helped me beyond measure while my parents were out of town over the past two weeks. Each day she came over and watched my kids for a couple of hours, so that I could work out and have a break. Thanks so much!!!
Uncle Ed coached Matthew with his dinner and discovered a new talent; Matthew actually ate almost everything. Way to go Ed, and thanks!!
This is my beautiful Lauren. She is no longer our baby, though. It's really sad! She graduates high school in a week and a half, and she'll be attending BYUI in the fall. We're proud of you!
Cola helped Kristin with her delicious appetizers. She wrapped asparagus and cream cheese in ham, and then warmed them over the oven. They were amazing!!
These next few pictures have a funny story behind them. During dinner, David wondered off. At first, we were panicked that he some how escaped outside. Then, my mother called for us to run to the back room. Lo and behold, David discovered how to open and close the shower door. He thought he was so funny!
It took some coaxing and then a little bit of loving force to get him out.
David loves his "Mama"!
This was the highlight of the day; we got to speak to Elder Ryan McLeish of the Maryland Baltimore mission!!! It was so wonderful to talk to him. He has matured and grown up in so many ways. We really had a wonderful visit with him. And the best news is that he comes home in 4 1/2 months!!!

I love this picture of my mom and my sister. Kristin is getting married at the end of June, and it's weird to think that we're all grown up now or more grown up now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I am glad to hear that you had a good Mother's Day! Those pictures of your boys together are sooo cute!! I really liked the ones you did in sepia!
It's so much fun when they become buds! :) You seriously need to let me know the next time you come down to visit Ryan and we will try to drive up for a visit. A year is just WAY TOO LONG!
Awwwww Keri! I'm glad you ended up having a great Mother's Day! YOU DESERVE IT!!! :) When are you and Ryan going to re-unite for good? Do you know? You are an amazing mom and it looks like you are SURROUNDED by an amazing family! Your boys are adorable! I wish you were here too! It would be sooo fun to get together!
What cute pictures! We miss you guys and are glad to see and hear that you are doing well.
I just love the boys in twinner outfits. Sooo cute. They are just handsome little boys, that's for sure. Happy belated Mother's day to you Keri.
Your boys are so adorable! Wyatt loves to play in our shower too and I hate finding his shoe prints in there right after I just cleaned it! Glad you had a great mother's day.
Happy Mother's Day (belated)!!!!!
Your kids are the cutest things ever . . . so handsome!!!!! I'm really proud of what an amazing Mom you are; you always put the gospel and your children as #1. You are such a great example!!
Thanks for all the wonderful feedback on my photography . . . you are my biggest fan!!!!!
These are such cute pictures...you should be a photographer since you enjoy taking them. Thanks for the comment on me...that was so sweeeeet. Hope you have a great week! Say hi to Matthew and David from Steve and I.
Love,
Gabi
I love those pictures of the boys. What a good looking family!! Happy Mother's Day! Oh, I'm so sorry I didn't get your message about Monday. Give me a call. My visiting teachers are coming in the morning and I would love to go but I don't have a car to get out there. Call me and we'll figure something out.
I LOVE reading your posts! I really do!! They reminde me so much of how life would be for me if I lived at home!.. (I wish I did....I miss home so much and its only a half hour away for me!)
It looks like you guys had a GREAT Mothers day! When will you and Ryan get to be together? How is his teaching going??
By the way, I LOVE the picture of Matthew whispering into Davids ear...that is PRICELESS!!
I sure miss you guys here....
Keri, I am so glad to hear you had a wonderful Mother's Day! You are an amazing mom, I admire you!! I couldn't imagine having two boys and doing half the things you post about!! I just had lunch with Danica, and we all need to get together and play!!
Post a Comment