Monday, May 26, 2008

Learning

Recently we decided to teach Matthew the Articles of Faith in response to Sara's success with her kids. To our amazement, Matthew has been learning them pretty quickly. He knows #1 and #4 at this point. And we are now working on #2 and Doctrine & Covenants 4. Children retain information really well. We're really proud of him!

9 comments:

Mikidees said...

He is so smart! We need to get together when you guys get back to CO. 303.470.1921

Rachel Seren said...

I have also wanted to teach the boys the articles of faith since reading sarahs blog too! Thanks for reminding me again. He is too cute!

Allred Family said...

He is so Smart!!!! I should start teaching Caleb and Sage. I forget their brain's are like little sponges!!! He is SO CUTE :)

kevin and angie said...

Wow Keri, that is amazing! I never even thought of trying to teach that to Andrew, what a smart kid!! How fun to see him remember something so well, and what could be more valuable than that?!?!

Tenniel Furtaw said...

Keri that is so awesome! What a cutie! It's good to hear from you guys. We've joined the club, so check out our blog! wahoo.

Julie K said...

Oh Keri, your boys are so cute...and you are so in for it! My first two, also boys, were little angels. They weren't much for climbing and they were pretty obedient. Then came numbers 3 and 4, the twins, and I wasn't really on my game anymore. Plus, number 3 was Josie, a whole different animal from my first two. Athletic doesn't begin to describe her. By the time she was two, we knew a scholarship was in that little thing's future. Maybe rugby, maybe lacrosse, maybe wrestling. A blood sport of some sort, we figured. And then Tommy. So not good. That little guy thinks he's Josie, and she thinks she's immortal, so things are crazy here at the Konchars. Every day I have to come up with a new defensive play because every day Tommy comes up with a new line of attack. Go to my other blog, juliekonchar.blogspot.com. It gets worse over there, and you'll see I'm not always as patient as I should be. Anyway, the total number of children you have definately impacts the severity of the deeds your kids come up with. But it's fun!
Julie

AdAmy said...

Wow! Great job Matthew. Way to be on top of things, Keri. I didn't even think about teaching Claire until I saw this. It's important to teach them while they're so young, because then it just sticks with them.

Tenniel Furtaw said...

Keri that is so cool you know Jackie and Colby! She is one of my best friends! We were roommates in college. i love them. She just changed her email, so I'll get it from here and let you know. :)

Jackie said...

Tenniel just called me, so I thought I would just leave you a message myself. That's awesome that you know her, what a small world. It's so good to see what you guys are up to, it's been a while. It looks like Ryan has graduated and you're in Texas? That's great! My blog is set to private so if you send me an email with your email address I'll add you. I'm so glad that we're able to keep in touch,
Jackie
jackieleishman at yahoo dot com