Isn't it amazing that even after long periods of time have passed, you know you still have a best friend, because it seems like no time has passed at all. You can still talk about anything and laugh about everything. That void in your heart is filled and you are no longer found aching or hurting. Instead, in some cheesey way, you feel completed and whole.
We are here in Texas, visiting Ryan, and it is so wonderful to be together as a family. Whoever said, "Distance makes the heart grow fonder" hit the nail right on. I always worry that when you are away from someone that you will blow things out of proportion. It's so reassuring to find things the way you left them and that you really do have so much love and a close bond. I have missed Ryan so much and even ached for him. Now that we are together, I really do feel like my heart is back together and I can breathe.
Families are forever, and I'm so grateful for mine. I love you, Hon, and I hope you always feel of my love for you. No one quite understands me the way you do, or can turn my day around, or put things into the right perspective the way you do. I'm always so amazed by your faith and testimony. You trust in the Lord and keep that vision at the forefront of your mind. It makes this period in our lives much easier to bear. Plus, no one can make me laugh like you do. I love that we can sit in silence, talk about everything, or just laugh.
Thanks for being my teacher, my best friend, my example, my husband, my lover, and the father of my children. You are an amazing man, and I stand by you forever.
I love you!
Ker
5 comments:
Awwwww....I love that sweet love note! I am glad you are having a good time "refilling your well" I bet you can't wait until you are back together as a family FOR GOOD!
Thanks for the comments on my blog! You always know just what to say to make my day! :)
You two have such a sweet relationship. I will also be very happy for you and your family when the reunion is permanent. How much longer until then? Take care.
That's great for you guys! It was so good to talk to you the other day. I feel that way about you, that even though we don't see eachother very often when we talk it's like we just were together the day before. You are such a great friend. I'm still praying you end up here! :)
How long have you guys been apart? I was thinking, Man, Max needs to go away for awhile so that I can feel that way about him too, just kidding. He does travel a lot, but usually for only a few days, and I actually find myself looking forward to the break. We eat a lot of cereal and sandwiches when he's away. =) But we do miss him tons too. Thanks for your notes, I love this blogging thing, it's such a fun way to stay in touch.
I loved this post! Sometimes things happen to us, and we don't know why. But I must say that it sounds like you have learned a lot through this experience, and I am sure Ryan has as well. What an example you are to me! What a great comfort it is to know that families CAN be FOREVER!!
Post a Comment