Monday, September 8, 2008

Grease Monkey

In spite of our family puking our gutts out all weekend and other charming symptoms of the stomach flu, I decided I needed to get my hair cut. This has actually been a LONG time wish since I moved here, but have never had time nor known a source to go to. I finally decided to bite the bullet and do it. And my mom paid for it actually--thank you!

Anyway, it really doesn't look that different in style. Bijon, the hair dresser, gave me more layers, thinned out some things, and gave me long bangs. Excitement.

The best part though, is that my hair is no longer stuck to the side of my head with a halo of frizz on the outside. Since I've moved here, my skin has decided to be 15/16 all over again, and my hair has looked like I Have never wash it. SICKNESS!!! I was feeling so helpless and really down about it, which probably sounds so shallow and stupid. But I've never felt so dirty or grimy before. Obviously when you camp, you're supposed to be that way, but when you can't even blow dry your hair all of the way, because of the oil--there's a problem.

Bijon recommended Nioxin, and I'm so happy to say that it's working. My hair now shines, has some of it's color back(Although, a lot of my hair has gone gray/white since I've moved here. Wierd, I know, but it's in my blood too. Both my older sister and younger brother started graying at 16!), and it's not stuck to the side of my head anymore!

HAPPINESS achieved! I feel like a girl again!


5 comments:

Christina said...

**Whistles** WHOO HOOO!!! Nice hair!! I love it! Sorry to hear about the sickies...
I have to repent. I haven't sent the CD off to you yet. Can we still be family? I will get on it and hopefully send it out tomorrow!!

Chase said...

Isn't it amazing how a haircut can make you feel so much better? Looks good! Sounds like you have been busy busy busy. And I can't believe how big your boys are getting!

jason and michelle clarke said...

I love your haircut it is way cute on you ! Then again any hair cut would be cute on you.

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for Nioxin!!! We swear by it. Brad actually shaves with the conditioning treatment (the lotion/conditioner #1). It's great to help with razor burn and really moisturizes the skin. These are the reasons I loved working at a salon for a year; I learned a lot!

Gabi and Steve said...

Hi Keri, I just did my hair last week also...it does make you feel so much better...I keep telling Steve that and he doesn't get it! He said he can do my hair...yeah right, like I'm going to let him touch it...hehehe. He will just have to get over it someday cause I need to get my hair done every few months! It's part of life!! I can't believe Ryan will be here in less than 2 weeks! We're very excited!! Hope everybody is doing good over there!