Monday, September 8, 2008

Phases

David is probably in the most phases right now. He has to do whatever Matthew is doing. And part of that is a jealousy phase too. For example, he'll want nothing to do with me, but if Matthew comes and cuddles with me, he immediately throws himself down on the ground, starts screaming and crying, and throws his cup. Then, if that has not given Matthew the clue to leave me alone, he takes care of it himself. Fun times--not so much. We're also big time into the tantrums. Matthew's were not NEAR this bad. What happened?? Or did I just unremember these things? Both of the boys love to be goofy and dress up in things that make them look funny. They always make silly faces and create little dances to go with them. I guess girls just want to look pretty--my boys not so much.
The diaper. I was sitting in our room, discussing something with Ryan yesterday, when David came to me with a wet diaper in his hands. Of course, I was upset and told him how disgusting that was to get into the garbage. FREAK OUT! So I grabbed it and washed his hands and threw it away. Well, we finished our discussion, and the next thing I know, I look down, and David is laying butt-naked on our floor happily, playing with a car. What gives?? We do NOT run a nudist colony in our home; why do our boys think it so necessary to remove their clothing??!
More dress up. Today it was flats. Many days it's heels. Sometimes, it's Dad's running shoes. We never know, except that David definitely has a shoe enfatuation.
More jealousy phase. I'm not sure this one ever ends with my boys. "Mom, if you're going to take David's picture, I need mine too." Then he made a silly face.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Awwww!!! That is the cutest little nekkid bum ever! I love the dress up! Hilarious!

Love Our House said...

I love the shoes! That's so cute, definitely familiar. Kaylee does the same thing when I take pictures of Ellie, and always silly faces . . . Brit :o)