Radio is one of our favorite movies and it came alive when I attempted my first apple pie. I should have taken an after picture, but this is the best I have. I think the pie turned out pretty good. The best part was that the boys helped make it. David cooks with me on a daily basis, but Matthew rarely cooks with me. For whatever reason, he's been asking me everyday if I will teach him to make apple pie. So . . . Sunday night we made this from scratch. The boys helped with everything. It was a lot of fun!

We also started a little tradition that the kids will start cooking with us every Monday night. We did this last Monday and made pizza and it was such fun. The boys each made their own dough for the pizza, while Ryan cut up toppings. Then, they each assembled the pizzas. That is probably one of the best memories I will ever have with my family. I love when we work together and accomplish something. It was wonderful!

I also took these, because I wanted people to see that I don't have a black thumb. While I lost my roses, almost everything else is back in bloom. This pic was taken last week and since then, the marigolds are much heartier.

On a side note, we were invited to play at a friend's house in the ward. They have a stocked pond in their front yard and took our boys fishing. David used a little 3-foot Mickey Mouse pole and he caught a huge catfish, about 21 inches long. Matthew fished on an adult-size pole and the kids' pole and caught two fish: one was this little 4-inch fish I have never seen and he also caught a 16-inch bass. I know what you're thinking: fish story, right? Well, the dad we were fishing with had a tape measure in his tackle box. So as soon as the boys caught the fish, the mom took their pic and then, the dad measured it and helped them to get the hook out, since it was catch and release. We had such a great time there. I still need to get ahold of those pics. Below are the video links.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1cwsucd4YM&feature=email

Also, spring football is in season. Goodbye, Ryan! But it's okay, because we'll have him all summer long.

I have felt the urgency to get our food storage more organized. It's been a blessing to see exactly where we are, where we need to go, and to have faith and peace that we are going to be prepared for whatever storms of life lie ahead.
I also need to put a plug in here about the Sunday school manual. Specifically, chapters 11 and 12 have really touched my heart lately. As I have studied them and looked up the references, I have felt the spirit so strong and received another witness of the divinity of Jesus Christ, his ministry, His atonement, and resurrection. We're so blessed to have the Gospel. As I have prayed about the lesson, prayed for specific people and very specific situations and details, Heavenly Father has answered those prayers. He's blessed my family so much. I love springtime. Everything comes to life. I feel alive and "I feel my Savior's love in all the world around me."
3 comments:
What a great idea to use Monday nights to cook as a family. I might have to borrow that one! Beautiful flowers, too. Spring is magical.
Love that idea too. That pie looks scrumptous! Miss you.
I love your posts! Every time I read them though I realize how far I have to go to be a mom like you! I have a pizza idea for you that one of my neighbors taught me, you take rhodes rolls and let them defrost. Roll them out with flour, they will be about 5-6". Then put them on the grill (low) till the bottom is golden brown, then flip them onto a plate (cooked side up) and put on sauce, toppings and cheese, then put back on grill to cook bottom and toppings (takes about 10 mins total. It is my kids favorite thing to do and grilled pizzas are so so yummy!
P.S. You should be married to Max, you would make a way better bishops wife!
Post a Comment