Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Soccer, Date #16, Strep, & The Sickies

















Well, I feel like we have been hit by a train over the past 9 days. I'm so sick of being sick!!! I still have this yuckness and am now on my second round of antibiotics. Ethan's ear drum perforated yesterday and he has a nasty ear infection. We've had fevers. Matthew's staph infection ended up being strep in his leg. That's finally clearing up, and we had a birthday yesterday. Matthew turned 6. I made him an x-wing fighter cake and simple cupcakes to take to school. David, Ethan, and I also took him a surprise happy meal for lunch. I think he had a pretty great birthday--complete with pizza for dinner--even though he was a little bit grouchy from not sleeping much the night before. David is determined to wear the most outrageous things possible (Note in the picture: He's wearing black, blue, and brown.). Choose your battles--more on that another time. Ryan planned date #16 and blew me away with his preparation! We did a childhood memory date with a visit to Chuck E Cheese's, root beer, malt balls, sundae cones, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and a Nerf gun war. We had such a fabulous time! At any rate (I think my grammar and lack of paragraphs demonstrates how I feel perfectly--cloudy, jumbled, confused, achy, tired, blah) . . .

2 comments:

Rachel Seren said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well. Josh and I were sick on our trip. It's not fun. Sounds like you are still going full force though! Love the cupcakes, I wish we could bring homemade treats to Jesse's school, it all has to be from the store.

Lindsay said...

Sorry girl! Hope everyone feels better soon.