Recently, I decided that I would take my life back. Allow me to clarify: I have a great life--fantastic even. My husband sacrifices so much for us to have the necessities of life and some extras. He doesn't complain about his lack of sleep. He leaves work at work. He loves me unconditionally. His heart is pure and his goals admirable. He is righteous and good. Three sweet boys live in our home. They laugh and squeal and fight and cry and giggle and talk. They're busy and keep me on my toes. I am blessed to stay home with them. I have so much to be grateful for.
My self-will and motivation has been lacking over the past six months or so. I say I going to do something and then, I get stressed over life and stop that good thing that I started. Specifically, I am talking about my weight here. I am talking about my regular scripture study and each of my personal goals.
I came up with something new that probably sounds pretty cheesy, but that's okay. Each morning, afternoon, and evening, I do positive self-talk. I hope this doesn't make me sound crazy. I made a list of statements that I want to become and ones that I know I am capable and already possess. These statements include:
I am amazing.
I prove people wrong.
I keep my word.
I follow through.
I am capable.
I achieve my goals.
I make my dreams come true.
I accomplish anything I set my mind to.
I am self-motivated.
I am driven.
I am disciplined.
I am reliable.
I am beautiful.
I am smart.
I am happy.
I am positive.
I am going to lose this weight and win this battle. I am going to be a good mother and overcome these behavior challenges that I am having with David. I am going to lose 45 pounds by September. I am going to run a 10K by June 3rd. I am going to finish 4 values in 2011 in the pp program. I am going to read 4 pages in the Book of Mormon each day. I am going to weigh 127 pounds by September.
I am capable. I am amazing. I am going to be amazing.
Each time that I start to struggle or feel a temptation, I am going to go to the mirror and repeat these phrases. The idea is that eventually they will become engrained in my brain.
4 comments:
GO ON GIRL!!!
YOU ARE AMAZING,BEAUTIFUL,SMART,TALENTED,BLESSED and all those other things! I say DO IT! You are such a great example! You are loved!! xoxo
I don't think you're crazy at all. Probably because my life is like yours, we're mothers and wifes and have to remind ourselves that we are as important as the other important people in our lives. I love goals and achieving them is the best. I've also learned though, when I don't do it as perfectly as I intended in my mind that I still did my best - or to just start over right when I notice I'm slowing down. You are such a wonderful lady!
Keri - You are amazing! I think self-talk is a great thing to do. Good luck with all of your goals - I know you will succeed! Thanks for being such a great example to me!
Self Affirmations are very effective and I hope that you are seeing the effects of them. I started the same journey in January. I am now 16 pounds lighter and infinately more happy. Not because of the weight lost, but because of the confidence gained. I am running a half marathon in August. The dedication to it all is hard, but really it is showing ourselves and our children that it is important to take care of ourselves. And I also started consistant scriptures. This has helped me have more time than I had before, although I am doing more than I was. You will accomplish it all, and I'm excited to hear you are journey.
Post a Comment