Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Birthday Boy Is 2!!!
We celebrated David's birthday with Ryan's parents on Monday night. It's hard to believe he's already two! He had a great day, and an even better birthday celebration!
Ryan made David a red/pink pick-up cake! (Note: I put on the wheels--apparently, they're way off. Does it really matter?!)
David was so excited to blow his candles out. I forgot to buy birthday cake candles, so we used odds/ends found around the house.

Matthew was a little bit excited about the special day. He was being so silly at dinner and Ryan actually caught this on camera--great blackmail for the mission/wedding day. Anyway, we laughed.
The birthday man himself.

He totally understood about the presents. It was kind of amazing--like "Yikes, what have we done?! We've created a monster!" Okay, not really that bad, but he really liked opening his gifts.
And Big Brother had a hard time waiting. Matthew actually helped me wrap most of the gifts, so the dialogue went something like this: "Dabid, can you hurry and open my Wall-E present? I want you to open your Car." Nothing like keeping a secret in the Allred home, huh, Hon?
And our traditional gingerbread houses. While Ryan slaved away putting David's garage gift together, we decorated and ate and junked out and made ourselves sick from candy. It was a lot of fun!
Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of it because I was covered in goop. But basically, Matthew and Grandma's house went from an A-Frame/Two-Story house to a flat-top/garage to an earthquake. It was so funny! That's what happens when David sees something he wants--ATTACK!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I can't believe David is two!!! We really need to get together.
Happy Birthday David!!!! I cannot believe he is TWO already. That was such a cute cake. And I love the gingerbread houses....They turned out realy cute :)
I love it!! The cake looked GREAT! So did the gingerbread houses! I sure miss you! You looked so good without make-up ( whiner :) ) You look happy, I'm glad you are doing good. Your boys are So Darn CUTE!! Could you email Stacy Sagers to send me an invite to her blog, my email is - shanileeholder@gmail.com
Thank you!
I can't believe your baby is 2! I remember when he was born! My how time flies! And I LOVE the truck cake! Isn't it great when husbands are willing to share their creativity?! And what a fun tradition to do gingerbread houses, but I must admit I'm more like your boys....I'd rather eat them than have a fancy finished product :)
GREAT JOB ON THE CAKE!!! I love it! I always think about doing gingerbread houses...and then...reality hits me, and I don't do it. Yours turned out soooo cute! I don't know what you are talking about....YOU LOOK GORGEOUS with no makeup and sportin' PJ's! :) PRETTY GIRL!
HOPE YOUR CHRISTMAS IS MERRY MERRY!!
Miss you!
Happy Birthday! That is a really cute cake!
Happy Birthday David! Looks like a lot of fun, and Keri, I think the cake looks great. I hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!
I think that picture of you is darling, Keri. Sure looks like you guys had lots of holiday fun!
Post a Comment