Monday, December 1, 2008

Turkey Day

We have had so much going on over the past little while! Our nephew, Alec Steven McLeish, was born on Saturday, November 22 around 9 a.m. at 7 lb. 8 oz. Gabi did AMAZING--seriously! She has the best birthing experience I have yet heard of! :D) And their little bundle is beautiful!!! Welcome to our family, Baby Alec! We already have so much love for you!



And our actual Turkey Day--

Ryan played in his parents' ward Turkey Bowl and I chased the kids around. Matthew rode his bike and David watched Grandpa Allred fly his airplane.

We had dinner at my In-Laws' and it was delicious!!! Thank you! Thank you! Ryan's favorite part of the meal was my mashed potatoes. His personal helping had 1/2 cup of salt. You should ask him for the recipe--to die for!

Shea & Jessica also came into town, so it was nice to have extra family for the event.

And as tradition goes, we put up our Christmas tree. I LOVE this! My tree can still use a few more bells and whistles so to speak, but even if we had nothing to put on it but lights, I love Christmas trees!

And Barbara decided to do a few crafts with the boys. Matthew loves his new costumes!
And of course, our life would not be complete without all of Matthew's sillyness and tricks!
We had a GREAT holiday! As far as Black Friday goes, I did NOT go to one store the entire day!!! Yea for me! I hate shopping the crowds! Instead, I sent Ryan to get a few groceries--mostly treats for our movie. Then, we took the kids to see Bolt in 3D. We had a really fun time! We also celebrated Shea's birthday with Ryan's parents, Dallin, and Stephanie and Baby Corbin. It was a lot of fun!

4 comments:

Christina said...

How did I miss this post? Looks like you had a GREAT TIME!! I love the crafts! Your boys are so dang cute! And as far as the salt on Ryan's potatoes.....ick! But to each their own huh!! :)

Becky said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Your nephew is so cute too :)

Megan Bartlett said...

Awesome pictures! I loved looking at them! I love your tree too! It's beautiful! I don't like our ornaments so I just want to keep the lights on it. Ha! That baby is too cute! Check out all that hair!

AdAmy said...

Happy Thanksgiving guys, it looks like you had a great time.