"Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
"Nicodemus was bewildered and asked: 'How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?'
"Jesus explained that He was talking about being born spiritually. He said:
"'Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
"'That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.'"
-John 3:4-6
Words cannot begin to express how full my heart is.
Our family has been praying for missionary opportunities lately. A couple of months ago, I had the prompting to leave our home early to pick up Matthew from school. I fought the prompting because I felt like I had too much to do. But after the third time, I left.
On the way out of the door, I met our downstair's neighbors. He immediately started telling me about his wife's stay of 12 weeks in the hospital, the death of their first baby, and the possibility of losing their second. He also bore his testimony to me about Christ and prayer. Further, he told me that even though people said their first baby wasn't theirs because she died within a day of birth, he felt like she was still theirs. I then, had the chance to bear my testimony to him.
Ryan and I began serving this family by taking him dinner once a week and just checking up on him. Each time, we had the chance to bear testimony of the power of the Savior. We also felt prompted to share a video on eternal families with him.
A few weeks later, I saw the missionaries at church. I felt prompted to give them our gate code and invite them to talk to our neighbor.
Low and behold, they came that week and knocked. Unfortunately, Stacey had just had the baby and come home from her 16-week stay in the hospital, but she was extremely infected and really sick. So . . . they were unable to visit with them, and rescheduled for a later date.
They felt prompted to continue knocking throughout the complex. They knocked on the neighbor's door, right across our hall. We had met this girl one time in passing up the stairs.
They met with her a few times and invited her to church. She came. She started coming each week. We began having the discussions in our home three times a week.
After 4, maybe 5 weeks of attending church and finishing the missionary discussions, Kianna Peri Nassersharif was baptized. She will be comfirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints this Sunday, December 07, and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
My heart is so full of the love for Kianna and for the Lord. His hand was guiding everything along. She had a firm desire to seek out truth. The missionaries were dilligent in following their promptings, and we also followed the promptings of the Spirit. The journey and transformation has been amazing, and we are excited to continue to see her progress. But to see Ryan baptize her last night brought tears to my eyes. She's a wonderful young woman and we welcome her in!
16 comments:
That's a neat story. And how sad for that other family...they've been through a lot. That's wonderful that you followed the Spirit's promptings. You guys are great!
Every member a missionary, right?? What an amazing experience!! And you never know what will happen to that other family... the seeds have been planted, and it sounds like they are open... just not the right timing? But I love to hear stories like this, it is so uplifting. Thank you for sharing, and I am so excited for that little girl to enjoy the blessings of the church. How wonderful to experience that process with her, and have the discussions in your own home, and have Ryan baptize her!! You guys are such wonderful examples to me and everyone you meet!!!
Oh, that is SO neat and special Kerri. Thanks for sharing that. I'm so glad you listened to the spirit and I'm sure those lives you've touched are thankful too. You and Ryan are great examples of good.
Keri-
You are such an amazing example to me!! Thank you so much for being who you are and LIVING it. You truly have a missionary heart and I'm sure will be blessed beyond measure for bringing even ONE soul to Christ! You inspire me. Thank you.
**TEARS STREAMING**
I LOVE reading your posts! I can feel the spirit EVERY TIME I come to your blog! I am so glad you had this experience. I always pray from missionary experiences too, I just haven't had a great story come from it....YET! I will keep working for it. You are always so aware of the Holy Ghost, and so eager to follow the promptings that you get. You truly are an example.
(I read your comment on my blog, and how ironic that I have been feeling the SAME WAY!! I MISS YOU TOO! I love how we have become close FRIENDS through blogging! No worries about the scrap stuff! Don't avoid me! :( LOL!! I'd love to see your pages when you get some done, and if you need help....I'm really only a phone call or an email away!)
Amazing!
Hi Keri, how did the baptism go? That's great to hear! How are you guys doing? I'm doing great and the baby is too. I love the pictures of Alec...I added some too :)
Wow, thanks so much for sharing this. Your posts are always so uplifting. I love it! =)
http://enduringitwell.blogspot.com/
This is our new blog addy, save it!
You are definitely living your life the way your suppose to. That is amazing that you followed the prompting and to have such wonderful results from listening to the prompting! That is really neat and what a great blessing. I'm glad that you were able to share the gospel and to also have the time and patience to do all the discussions in your home. Your family is amazing. That is really special and exciting. I hope that other family will still have the desire to listen to the missionaries when they return back for the next appointment.
Great experience, Keri. You have always had a knack at listening to the spirit and following the promptings. I wish I was more in tune like you. That's is really cool.
Oh Keri, I miss you so much! You are ALWAYS full of the spirit! You may not feel like it at times, but I always always felt the Savior's peace around you. Thank you for your little notes on my blog. I look forward to seeing what you'll say.Your boys are growing and becoming so Handsome! I may have to send my girls down there when are of dating age!!!! Perfect!!!!
Hey Keri, just letting you know I e-mailed Rana for you. Thanks, Michelle
Good missionary work!
YA KNOW...if I ever need a good pick me up, I always know that the second i get on your blog it will be FULL of goodness and positive thoughts! I love that Keri! Wow, I really miss you a lot! I wish I would have taken the oppurtunity to talk to you EVERY SINGLE day that i possibly could have! We loved you guys as neighbors! You guys are such great people and examples! :)
How amazing. You and your family are such an example to me. Thank you for sharing that story.
You have alwayse been so good about missionary work. Now your neighbor is so happy you are. Thanks for all the prayes for our family. Jackson just had his check up the other day and they said he is doing good. He is gaining weight and they took him off oxygen so that was nice. He has been doing very well. Thanks for everything. Todd
Post a Comment