Tuesday, December 30, 2008
"Candy Canes, Counting Days, Kids Who Still Believe . . ."
For my birthday dinner this year, we had a family dinner with all of the cousins and aunts and uncles here in Dallas. It was so fun to get together and eat yummy food on Barbara's beautiful spread. We also decorated cookies afterwards. The kids were THRILLED to say the least! And the kids opened presents from Grandma and Grandpa Allred. Matthew was so excited to receive the Hullabaloo game. If you haven't played this, it's so fun, and kids can easily learn.
David's cookies didn't stay decorated for too long.
But he tried really hard.
Corbin was a little overwhelmed with all of the cousin chaos.
Carter was the most dedicated in his decorating skills. He stayed well after the other boys left to play.
This is what happens to Matthew when he gets ahold of sugar.

And for Mom and Dad, these are a few of the projects Matthew has been working on.
He's very proud of his "m's" and his numbers--although there are only "m's" on this particular project.
He loves gluing things right now too.
And purple--his new favorite color.
Our angels. This year, at least one of our friends, and we're guessing more, delivered a pink/purple Christmas tree with gift cards and a present for the boys. It was so thoughtful and the gift card was an answer to a prayer. We won't give all of the details, and this isn't what we expected in any way, but we will say that Heavenly Father has definitely been watching over our little family. Thank you.
Christmas Eve was spent in the company of friends this year. We had the Walden Family and our neighbor, Kianna, over for finger foods. It was a delicious meal and excellent company. We also read the Bible story and opened my gift from Ryan and the boys: a nativity. And I actually guessed this one. I had told Ryan that I wanted to find a nativity before Christmas, as we still do not have one, and I wanted to use some of my birthday money. He kept telling me not to look for one. And then he said I should wait until after Christmas. I still didn't get the hint. I finally said, "You are being awfully grinchy and grouchy about this. A nativity is so important to me. I grew up with the one my dad made, and I really want one." He then spilled the beans on it. Oops! Anyway, it was perfect for Christmas Eve, because as we read the story, we used the figures. I LOVE it! Afterward, Kianna and our family and Ryan's parents looked at Christmas lights in Deerfield--an amazing scheme of lights--EVERYWHERE!! It was wonderful!
On Christmas morning, David woke up around 4 a.m. Fortunately, he stayed in our bed, wiggling around until about 7 a.m. We then opened presents around 7:30. The boys were so excited!
Several gifts were delivered to us by random friends, late on Christmas Eve. Our kids were so spoiled by their generosity and compassion. Thanks again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Looks like you had a happy and Merry one. Happy new year to you!
Your kids are SOOOO adorable! I'm so glad you had such a nice Christmas! You deserve it!
What an amazing Christmas...why don't you live close to us again??? Your boys are getting way to big. I am sure I say that on every comment but they look so big!
I just think you're wonderful and your sweet boys are growing up so good. Love ya!
I love those pictures! They completely tell the story. I'm glad that your Christmas was so blessed. You deserve it.
Yay! I'm so glad you had a fantastic Christmas! You totally DESERVE to have ALL YOU COULD ASK FOR!!! I love the "sugar" picture of Matthew! I've seen that look MANY times from Brookie!
I am so glad you guys had a fun Christmas! I love being able to catch up and see how you are through the blog - I only wish we lived closer to you! And since you commented ... I was going to wait til the ultrasound ad put pictures up, but we are expecting number 2 in July!!!
Post a Comment