Thursday, August 13, 2009

Surgery--A Success!

Thanks for all of your prayers.

Surgery went great! Matthew did really well and the orthopedist showed me the pics of Matthew's now in-place arm/elbow. Recovery has been okay. Matthew's still in a lot of pain and the meds have made him a bit more emotional than usual, but we're glad he's home.

Thanks to so many of you who have helped us out. A dear friend kept David through the entire process and listened while I had my melt down and then, encouraged me.

My sweet mother traveled down here, though her health is not well at this time, in order to be here for us. She sure made a grandson overcome with happiness and relief to see a face who loves him so completely. (David is just as thrilled to see her!)

The missionaries and a dear brother from the ward came and administered to Matthew while he stayed overnight in the hospital.

The young women made us dinner and a leader brought it to us.

Countless phone calls have been received on our part.

Thanks so much for your wishes of good health and a quick recovery. Thanks for your prayers and service. It means more than words can say.

7 comments:

Ben, Starlene, Aiden, Brynlee, and Kynzee said...

I am sooooo glad that everything went well. Prayers really do help as you well know. Heavenly Father is definitely watching over our kids. Hang in there

kevin and angie said...

I am glad to hear that everything went well, sounds like you and your little family have definitely been watched over!!! I hope that matthew heals quickly, and your fam will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

Katie Jane said...

What a little trooper your little man is. Aren't moms the best? You guys are so great and I am so glad you have so many people there that love you so much!

3+Love~aki=Us said...

Good to hear! YAY!!

Seantae Jackson said...

I'm so glad that it went well. Prayers will continue for the recovery as well!

Christina said...

Keri!!!! Oh my goodness!! I don't read your blog for a week or two and look at all this excitement I miss out on!!! I'm glad that everyone is on the mend! How are you holdin' up? You will continue to be in our prayers! And I agree....trials....make us stronger...whether we like it or not...right?!
Luv you girl! Stay strong!

The Haslam Fam :) said...

All I can say is you guys are amazing. Every time I turn around something else is being pushed in front of you! You continue to help everyone see the positive.
All our best,
the Haslams :)