Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's All About Strategy

So when I returned from the grocery store and a birthday party last night, this is what I came home too.

Everyone was asleep, so I checked some emails and made night-time preparations.

Once I climbed into bed, Ryan rolled over and very sweetly tucked me in. I was surprised to find him so coherent and felt bad for waking his slumber. And then . . .

Ryan: "Ker, this is how I secure. This is how I flow."
Me: "I beg your pardon?"
Ryan: "I secure. I flow. I secure. I flow." This time with hand motions.
Me: "Ry, what are you talking about? You're not awake, are you? Are you talking about a football play?!"
Ryan: "Secure. Flow." And then, he konked out.

9 comments:

Ben, Starlene, Aiden, Brynlee, and Kynzee said...

LOL!!!! That is so funny. It cracks me up when people talk in their sleep.

Jackie said...

So funny! Colby is a serious sleep walker, so I usually don't even wake up to it anymore because he does it so much. Pure entertainment.

Lindsay said...

That's hilarious! I'll have to remember that line next time I see you guys.

Jenni S said...

Oh boy, thanks for the laugh. That's great.

DLonna said...

I love semi-conscious conversations with my husband too!!

Seantae Jackson said...

That is awesome! Does he remember it?

Gabi and Steve said...

HAPPY B-DAY to Matthew. Sorry we didn't get to call...it was a crazy Sunday and I wanted to call before Steve went hunting with your dad, but it didn't happen. Hope he had a wonderful day!! We love him and wish him the best in his 5th year of life!! Hugs,
Gabi, Steve and Alec.

Tracy Giles said...

HILARIOUS!! That is going to have to be a running joke now in your family. Every now and then or when totally appropriate moment arises you'll have to look at him and in a very serious tone say, "Ryan, I secure and flow." SOOOOO FUNNY!!!!!

Emily Anne said...

So funny! Nate's said some gems in his sleep; I always love it. I try to encourage the conversation so he'll keep rambling in his unconsciousness -- it's just so funny.

Glad you guys are getting settled in Houston.