Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Yesterday was the first day I've seen since we moved here to show any indication that this blazing city has another season besides "hot". It actually cooled down to where there was a breeze in the evening and I'm guessing that the temperature dropped to the '70's for more than half an hour--like three hours. I didn't want to go inside; it was heavenly!!!

Yesterday was also a big struggle for me. Pregnancy often makes me feel "blah" and my legs struggle to work with various aches and pains throughout my body. Surprise. Typically, on those days, my attitude struggles a bit to overcome these wondrous feelings. As a result, I felt a bit of "wo is me" yesterday, a little underappreciated, a little "lets not do any house work today", "I need to rest". (In spite of these feelings, I did take Davey on a little date to a decorating store, and we managed to make it through without any extra purchases, resulting from breaking things (He didn't actually mind that the date was for a mommy store.). So . . . we needed to celebrate. We stopped in at Jamba Juice. It's been a couple of years since I've frequented that store, but let me tell you, Davey thought he was in heaven!)

Ryan had a super busy day yesterday with grades due Friday, prep. for conferences, and upcoming games this week. I don't think we had the chance to do more than exchange a quick text of business/financial nature.

Anyway, I worked really hard to fight my attitude yesterday. Ryan arrived home around 7:45ish p.m. and what should he be carrying, but a dozen red roses with a beautiful, perfect card that said it all. Everything I needed to hear was in that card. A look of "how did you know" crossed my face. I'm so grateful to a husband who's in tune with the Spirit and with me.

4 comments:

April said...

Oh, that is so sweet. Flowers always make my day better, too!

I love when the Lord sends people to brighten our sad days and I love even more when that person is my (in this case, your) husband.

I hope you have more good days then bad. Remember this is what your body was created to do- carry this baby. You can do it!

Love you!

Sara B said...

What a perfect ending to a not so perfect day! That is sweet. I hope things get easier with the rest of the pregnancy. Some bodies just don't handle babies quite as easily as others. I was feeling the same way yesterday as I am on bed rest and going crazy. Nate is finally recovered from his surgery and these last few weeks were suppose to be life getting back to normal before we brought home a new baby and life got crazy again and then my body decided not to work very well and it is so easy to get frustrated and "wo is me" but then i have a quick cry and think of all the blessings we are seeing despite all the trials and sometimes you just have to laugh so you don't cry! Good luck you are in our thoughts and prayers!

Rachel Seren said...

That is so sweet of him! I love it when they do that. Hey we would love to come see the new house! Does any of the coming Sundays work for you?

Lindsay said...

Yay for cooler weather and senstive husbands. Ooh! I could have Jamba Juice every day when I'm pregnant.