Monday, December 20, 2010

David's Birthday

One more of my babies is getting older. Davey turned 4 on the 15th and I feel like I've been hit with a low blow. How has this happened?!

I've thought a lot about what I could say about this little, but big guy. He's super funny, telling us made-up jokes that crack his self up all the time. He runs into walls and trips for no apparent reason all the time. He is tough and rough and sometimes makes me cry with his business. But . . . on the flip side, his heart is so big. He recognizes pain and sadness in others, and immediately tries to heal that by sharing his binky (blanket) or giving a hug. His cheeks are too squishy and make me want to start kissing them and not stop. Oh, how I love this little boy. We are so happy that he is in our family.

Too much happened this year for me to feel like I could decorate an elaborate cake of any kind, so . . . I cheated. We bought him one at the store, but he seemed to be just as excited. My parents were in town, so we had them, as well as our good friends, the Skyes over for cake and ice cream.


No comments: