The past few months have proved to be quite a challenge. Our house is getting put back together from the flood still, but then, for December we decided to get all surgeries over with, since we had finally maxed out on insurance. December 1st, Ethan had tubes put in. This is a 5 minute procedure and super easy, but Ethan did not do so great. He just wanted to be held. He wouldn't eat and it was really sad. I know I already wrote about that below. In between that and the following surgeries, our washer broke--boo. Then, on December 14th, Ethan had another hernia surgery (His first happened in June.). This was the surgery we felt most concerned about, because it would identify the cause of the recurrent hernia--either he would be prone to getting them or have some sort of disease/condition. Well, all prayers were answered. The hernia was not in fact a hernia. Instead, a growing muscle was spasming, and expanding, which put pressure on the hydrocil over his testes from time to time. As a result, it looked like it was changing size, acting like a hernia. We were so happy when Dr. Cisek came to the conference room to tell me that only two incisions were made, one for his scope and the other to drain the fluid. What a blessing!
Next, Matthew had his tonsils removed on Friday. That was much needed, because he has had strep throat about 7 times in 9 months, I think. It was ridiculous! We are so glad to have that behind us now. It's just on to the recovery, filled with jellos, ice creams, and everything soft!
My parents came out last week on my birthday and then, my mom stayed the following week to help get the boys to and from school, as well as house work and meals, while I took kiddies to the hospital/surgery center. Oh, I am so grateful they came. It gave me great peace to know that my little ones were cared for, while I took care of motherly duties elsewhere. Really, there are times where it feels like I am blessed too much, way beyond anything I deserve. Why has Heavenly Father given me such great parents and family? Why do I have a husband who is so faithful and wonderful? I recognize that I am very blessed--especially this Christmas season.

No comments:
Post a Comment