Thursday, February 10, 2011

Blah

I need to get in a happy mood. I've been little Johnny Rain Cloud for the past two days and it needs to stop. Writing seems to calm me and help me collect myself, and thus, I find myself here . . . stroking the white keys of my skinny, little keyboard.

Remember how we got kicked out of our dentist office a little over a year ago? Well, if you don't, ask me sometime. I still complain about it. At any rate, I never changed dentists when I had the opportunity during the enrollment period on our plan. So . . . today, I took all three boys to the dentist by myself and you know what? This time they asked us to CHANGE dentists. "You betcha!" AAHHHH!!!!! That's what I feel like saying and doing. On what planet is it okay to be entirely and 100 percent RUDE to your customers?!

And that brings me to my next vent. Yes, that is what this post is turning out to be. The words seem to flow today.

A coule of weeks ago I came across an individual who made me feel really sad and really grateful at the same time. My friend, Monica, and I had a garage sale (Does this bring back memories, Stacey?). And if you have hosted one of those lovelies, then, you recognize all of the interesting things you get to see. One particular individual came to browse and with him, brought this really negative outlook and attitude. Everything this individual had to say was critical or cynical. I'm not sure if Monica noticed--mostly, I spoke to him and I never said a word to her about it.

Anyway, he had a comment about everything and why it was this or that or whatever. Then, he came to the games for sale. He picked some of them up and said, "You know? You pay an arm and a leg for these board games, because of how much they charge you and then, you never play with them, because families don't play games together. And then you end up selling them for a fraction of the price. ....."

At first I was irritated by his attitude and pessimism. Then, I felt sorry for him and sad. --Sorry because life must be pretty gloomy behind those foggy glasses, where everything is half-empty and short-changed. --Sad because he doesn't know what family is about. My family plays games together. My family spends all day Sunday together, Monday nights together, Friday nights together, and then, we play games by candlelight and flashlight when the power is out (like last night). Growing up, we did the same things.

That's when it hit me about the gratitude. I really am grateful for my family. They're invaluable and priceless to me. And not everyone has that.

Please accept this apology for the grumbling and griping. My kitchen is immaculate right now (minus the floor--that needs a good mopping). My heat is back on. Ethan held my hand almost the entire time the hygienist cleaned my teeth today (Do you know how sweet it is to hold that soft little skin and chubby little fingers?). David dumped an entire bottle of shampoo out today--trying to beat out yesterday, unraveling a roll of toilet paper and tearing it into little bits and tooth-pasting the bathroom yet again. Matthew cut out the Labels for Education off the sides of the goldfish, which caused them to go everywhere and Ethan was there to eat said goldfish. Ethan is no longer constipated. Ryan wrote me some really sweet text messages today. I took a really hot bath last night when the power came back on. When we were playing games, the kids were really funny to watch. David would do his hysterical laugh any time he got one of his men out for Trouble. Then, he would excitedly move them around the board--winning or not. It was pretty funny. The kids and I had free tacos today, compliments of my couponing efforts. I found my lost wallet. I'm cooking a food storage version of taco soup for dinner. I made my grocery shopping list and a good half of my purchases will be free, and many just dimes. I plan to save 80-85 percent. Also, I bought seeds for my garden. I'm really happy about my garden. It will have peas, carrots, tomatoes, squash, lettuce, cucumbers, onions, garlic, bell peppers, and green beans.

And that is ending on a happy note. It's out! I can move on. Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

Christina said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!! Go get that gratitude! I am speaking on that very topic on Sunday. I'll have to send you my talk! I love reading your posts...you are amazing!!

Kristen said...

Thanks for sharing. I also have those blah moments. That is a bit crazy about the dentist - WOW! Maybe you should call the Better Business Bureau and report them. I am so impressed with your couponing - way to go!!

And I must admit I am a tad bit jealous of your garden. We still have snow and won't even be able to plant until May-June.

Your boys are adorable. They each have their own unique look but you can definitely tell they are brothers - very handsome!

Well, take care! I hope all is well with you and your fam.

kevin and angie said...

Don't we all have those days?!? We do. I promise. You are so good at looking for the good in bad situations. We are so blessed to have sweet little families, and sometimes we get caught up on the other things that are not important to remember that. Thank you for that reminder today! I sure do love you Keri, you are a great example to me. You really are saving some money, too! I have wanted to learn about couponing, I really NEED too. I hope your day goes better, and you enjoy your weekend with your men. :)