Thursday, April 14, 2011

And then there was a . . . rooster.


Yesterday to get David out the door, I had to convince him we were going somewhere fun. As a result, I told him that the lady I was visit teaching lives on a farm--which she really does. I told him he would get to pet the horses, see chickens, and her other animals. He immediately jumped in the car and we were on our way.

Upon arrival, David anxiously took off toward the chickens and beloved rooster. He was so excited and shouted that he was going to pet them. I warned him that they would probably not allow him to pet them, but he continued anyway.

The chickens took off, as he drew near, where as the rooster only took a few slow steps back. Then, all of a sudden, the rooster jumped as high as his head with a stretched out neck (super long), and puffed feathers and fur. It didn't stop, it started coming toward him, and David took off running. The rooster followed for a few feet before stopping.

When David returned to me, he said, "Mom, those chickens are crazy!"

I have not been able to stop laughing about this. It was hilarious!!! And kind of scary too. I get why people fight those animals now (not that I agree with it), and I'm pretty sure it's illegal. They are a fierce force to be reckoned with.

1 comment:

Jenni S said...

Oh, my gosh. That would freak me out. We had an encounter that went a bit like that (the running away part) with geese at the Logan damn. SCARY!