Monday, April 25, 2011

"That there shall not be room enough to receive it."

This weekend proved to be a busy one here at the Allred household. We saw the hand of the Lord in our lives in so many ways.

After a really difficult week for me, only because of sickness, we found ourselves at the emergency room with Ryan for appendicitis. Thankfully, the surgery went really well and various friends kept children and tended to our family.

The hospital discharged Ryan yesterday afternoon, and so we were able to spend some of our Easter here at home.

I have felt an outpouring of love beyond words. We have received MANY phone calls, visits, and texts. Last night, a dear friend came to our home to check on Ryan, and during the visit, we heard a knock at the door--yet, another meal brought for us to have for tomorrow (today).

When I opened the fridge, things almost fell out. I could scarcely find room for the dishes this sweet friend brought. And that doesn't include the meals thrown in my freezer, as well. At that moment, all I could think about was the promises found in Malachi:

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Our family has been watched over in so many ways this weekend, and He continues to sustain us. What a blessing to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Thanks for this sweet post! I'm glad that Ryan is doing better and that you have such wonderful people around you. The Lord is really aware of us and our needs. I am also grateful that He answers our prayers through the kindness of others.

Hillary said...

Glad you guys are okay!! Hope it ALL gets better. :)

Rachel Seren said...

I am glad all is ok and Ryan is doing well. Our thoughts and prayers were with you this weekend!