Life continues to get away from me, and this little blog is starting to get neglected.
Ethan has the sickies right now. He walks around, trying to climb things, only to feel like we are limiting him; thus, the sobs and cries begin, like he have insulted him and hurt his feelings in the worst way. It's hard when little ones are sick. They don't know what they want, but they do know that they feel lousy. They want to be held, but not, and don't get me wrong--I LOVE the cuddles. Ethan gives LOTS of kisses when he is sick. It's quite precious actually, but by the end of the day I am worn.
Yesterday, David threw the mother of all tantrums at the post office, where we attempted to run, after dropping Ryan off at the office to get his drainage tube out. People always try to counsel, some laugh, and some jeer when they see little children tantrumming. Why is that?
Perhaps, I used to be one of those individuals. But now, after having mothered my kiddies for almost seven years, I feel zero judgment for the mother or the child when this happens. I do feel empathy for the mother. It's hard when your child is hurting you--especially in a public setting. It sort of showcases your flaws, as if to say, "Look, you bore me in the womb, you are raising me, you serve me daily, and this is how I feel about it."
Okay, so that's not true. Tantrums are means for the child to communicate (not in the way I prefer or tolerate), but they happen. We are working on it. Yesterday, I feel like I handled it well.
Today, the weather has been beautiful. My flowers are on CRACK. They seriously are taller than our bushes. Hundreds of blooms have blossomed and I LOVE it! I only wish my garden would catch on.
When I planted the garden, I told the neighborhood surrogate grandfather, Albert, that I would give him and his lovely wife the first fruits, as he helped so much. Today, I confessed to him that the very fruits may only be one single banana pepper. Many of my other plants keep coming to life and then dying and then coming back again. It's sort of a bi-polar garden of sorts. I don't even like banana peppers. And my bell peppers are on the growing side, so maybe they will turn around. I did spot one tomato today. We'll see what comes of it. If nothing else, I will have tons of garlic and onions.
Anyway, we strolled the neighborhood today. My heart always skips a beat when we pass by the rec center sign. It will look lovely once finished. We just have to keep praying for houses to sell throughout the neighborhood. And I'm always intrigued by the custom homes on the other side. They are seriously GINORMOUS. What do people fill them with? What is their AC bill like? I'm glad I'm not paying that.
And I did try to capture my flowers on camera today; however, the camera is officially dead. It won't turn on at all. I'm charging the battery in hopes that maybe that was the cause, but I'm pretty sure it had two bars of charge. :(
Tomorrow morning, Matthew will have oral surgery: his second and final one. I actually forgot about that, but remembered in time to get a sitter. We will have to be there fairly early in the morning and then, we will expend all hours until mid-day there.
Also, tomorrow a dear friend of mine goes in for a really serious surgery. Please pray for her. It's hard being away from those we love, when we know had we lived closer, we could help them.
And last, I wanted to update on Ryan. He is getting stronger. He's still creeping, but there is a little more bounce in his step and less wincing. Furthermore, he's getting sleep--something rare. It's been really fun to serve him. I recognize that I've felt a bit burdened this week. It's not that I haven't enjoyed caring for him. More so, I have realized how much I depend on him and how much of a partnership we share. I cannot imagine being a single mother. Ryan helps as soon as he walks in the door with changing Ethan's diapers, bathing kiddies, homework, and household chores. This experience has made me appreciate him more.
I do know that these experiences are making us stronger. A neighbor commented that God is good, even when things go wrong for us and times are hard. For me, I have been blessed to never doubt in my Heavenly Father. He is the master architect of our lives. I know that He places things before us to challenge us and knock us down. Just as the tree in our front yard has been pruned back, He cuts us back from time to time to allow for new growth and stronger branches. These experiences are preparing our family for something greater. There is purpose in suffering. It makes us more like Jesus Christ. It is during our challenges that I feel closer to the Lord. I'm grateful for my growth opportunities.
Oh, I forgot about the weigh-in. I did weigh in last week and the week before. I lost 3 pounds, maintained, and then, we will see what happens this week. I think it's probably a wash, as I have run on crazy hours, and paid little attention to diet. But it's okay. I have exercised and I have focused on what matters most.
1 comment:
Thank you for sharing the innermost feelings of your heart. You are right - there is much to be learned and new insight to gain in times of struggle and hardships. Way to keep such a positive attitude and great perspective, although it can be quite difficult at times! I'm glad Ryan is on the mend. I love ya!
Post a Comment