Other highlights of the week included a surprise lunch date with Ry. This came very unexpectedly and really gave me an extra boost!

And who wouldn't be excited about eating at none other than every kid's dream: Chick to Play?!

I attended book club, which was the first social event I have attended in a LONG time between football and basketball.
Also, we took the kids to a local trail for some family bike riding.
Friday, we took the kids to Bullritos for dinner and then, while Ryan attended the temple, we played at the park. We walked and rode scooters, hit up the equipment and swings. It was a lot of fun!

Unfortunately, we were unable to get tickets for the opening home game of the Astros, which is what our previous plans consisted of. The kids felt bummed because for a few weeks now, they had been earning tickets via chores for the game (in order to purchase something from the concessions). As a result, we came up with plan B: the early bird at Cinemark to catch Hop. That was a really darling movie. The kids loved it and so did we.

After naps and a baby shower and yard work and chores and a missionary open house, we dropped the kiddies off and left for our dinner date. I will never tire of these kinds of dates. There is something amazing and wonderful and fantastic and romantic about being able to sit across from my hubby, hear his conversation, and try our delicious cuisine. Last night was no different. We found a new favorite sushi restaurant: Nikko Sushi and Steak. Oh, it was heavenly between my yummy and crisp, yet tender vegetables, alongside my shrimp, miso soup, and steamed rice. I also stole some of Ry's asparagus. The best part was that the dinner felt light.

And get this: I ate SUSHI. Real sushi!!! I order a philadelphia roll, thinking that smoked salmon meant that it was really cooked, smoked salmon. I asked Ry if he would share it with me and he confirmed yes. Well, it wasn't until the server dropped off my sushi that I realized what I had done. The fish was not moving, but definitely way more pink and orange than I anticipated. I sort of had to talk myself into it--a LOT. But . . . after a few minutes, I just popped it in. Very chewy. Not my favorite. But I did try two pieces.

However, that didn't last long, because we hit up our favorite dessert boutique afterwards: Ooh La La. I had creme broule in mind, until I saw the microscopic portions they give you. Then, my eyes searched for the beloved German Chocolate cake--GONE. So . . . I settled for their red velvet. It was delicious. And their frosting light.
That being said, you can read that my week was quite wonderful; however, filled with LOTS of food. And lets be honest . . . none of that food is allowed on my diet.
Part of my openness is to help me in my weight loss. It makes me accountable. And this week, I failed. The number on the scale did not go down. Instead, I undid the previous week. As a result, I have a lot of ground work to make up this week.
I debated whether or not to disclose my weight gain for the week, but this was a great lesson for me to learn. I am going to have hard weeks. I do need to learn how to make better choices. On the contrary, though, it is not the end of the world that I didn't lose weight this week. I cannot be an "all or nothing" kind of person. It's time to pick myself back up, dust myself off, and get back on the wagon.
2 comments:
What a fun week! You're awesome Keri.
I'm glad that you got to get out and socialize with Book Club. Book Club is sacred in our home - I can't miss it! :) It sounds like you've been having lots of fun. Don't beat yourself up over the weight thing - you're going to have your ups and downs with it! And congrats on the record time with the 5K - that is awesome! Keep up the great work! Like always, you lift me up - thanks!
Post a Comment