This was taken in our hotel room in Albuquerque.
I guess because of the stress and sadness, we just didn't think to even take out the camera for all of the funeral happenings. We really need to thank our hostess, Debbie and Jack, as well as Grammy. Debbie, thank you for all of the delicious meals and helping us feel so comfortable and at home. We really enjoyed staying with you. And Grammy, we're so glad we could share that time with you. Thank you.
This is a random pic, taken the day before we left for our trips. Ethan got ahold of some tortillas in the car from either taking a dinner or grocery shopping. He thought he was living the high life and getting away with murder. I couldn't help taking the pic. It was so funny!

This story is so sad to me. I feel like we watched Amy Winehouse kill herself. I know the toxicology report has not returned yet, but I also know that her death resulted because of her use of drugs and alcohol--whether it was her withdrawal or use. She's one year younger than me. Why are individuals slipping through the cracks? Maybe I'm still just a little tender-sided after Pop-Pop just passing, but I feel like deaths like this can be prevented. If we know someone who is struggling, we have to be bold and put our foot down. We cannot skirt around and make excuses. People still have their agency, but . . . I guess this just broke my heart a little bit. She had great talent.
No comments:
Post a Comment