Mom & Dad gearing up for the experience.
Matthew: "Jeh-wo-paw-corn is the perfect snack for camping. I WOVE jeh-wo paw-corn!"
And this is about what it was like. David thought he should be able to run all over the place and destroy all of the blankets. Matt thought the tent was a perfect place for his trains.
Then we turned on the Sandlot for our movie. The boys loved all of the music, and Matthew is really into baseball right now, not to mention dogs. We forgot about the campout part. All of a sudden Matthew jumps up and says, "I need some marshmallows, Mom." No, we are not cool enough parents. We did not toast smores in our apartment, but the popcorn was really good! And after about two hours of wrestling around, Ryan turned to me and said, "Ker, it's okay if you go sleep in our bed. I'll stay out here with the boys." "No, I'll stay out here to 'camp'". Five minutes later, "Will you really, Hon? I'm going to go lay down in our bed." It was a really restless night, but in all actuality, we had a great time!
8 comments:
Awwww!!! FUN! You ARE cool parents! :) Jello popcorn??!! Lucky!!!! I would have gone to bed too! ;)
I want to go camping too!!!!!! It looks like you had great fun!!! The boys are the cutest things in all of Texas!!!!!!!
What fun parents you are!
We had a texas campout just like that a month or so ago, it's the only way in texas. Scary about locking the boys in the car! At least the air was on. I am glad Ryan was able to get there so fast.
You are amazing parents! How fun! We've been going camping a bunch up here and it's been nice, but I'm about ready for one in the backyard or something. Jello popcorn? Hmmmm . . . :o) Brit
It sounds like you guys are having lots of fun w/your kids great idea!I bet you just love to be together as a family now, after having been apart for a while.Keep having fun. Hope Ryan is enjoying his job.
That looks like a fun campout. I think that's so funny that you went and slept in your bed. That's exactally what I would have done! hahaha.
What a great idea!! I did that with my sibs when I was growing up, I had forgotten! The greatest part... no packing, and worst, UN-packing! And no load of smoke smelling laundry!! It looks like the boys had a great time!
Post a Comment