This one's for Star:
1. Matthew loves to build trains. Since he was a little boy he has ALWAYS loved building different types of tracks. He gets very creative.
2. He loves to play with puzzles. Matthew started doing puzzles when he was 18 months--little peg puzzles. Then when he turned 2, he moved to bigger floor puzzles, and within a few months of turning 2, starting doing 100 piece puzzles. We're not sure how he learned to do those, but he loves them, and can put them together in a snap. We're grateful he's such a problem solver--he'll sit for 30 minutes trying to figure out how these pieces fit together.
3. Matthew loves to go to pre-school. He enjoys the other kids so much, and all of the activities that he gets to do each day. Some of the highlights are the library, riding bikes, playing at the park, and finger painting. This boy loves to learn and play hard!
4. Matthew has a really big heart. From the time he was born until now, he has always recognized children with special needs. When he sees these kids, his face has always lit up and he's smiled and wanted to talk to them. I don't know if this is because he can see just how special these sweet children are or if it's because he has special needs as well. But for whatever reason, he feels drawn to kids. He loves to play and to be with friends. Matthew also loves to cuddle with his mommy. Each morning he comes into my room and jumps into bed with me. He loves to have a "good morning kiss and hug". Then, he typically likes for me to hold him. He brings his family a lot of happiness, and we love him always.
1. David came to us with a built-in motor. He makes this motor, revving sound, while moving his lips from side to side. I know that doesn't really make sense, and I'm not great with explaining it, but it's so funny to watch. He loves anything that goess--trucks, trains, airplanes, cars, motorcycles.
2. He loves his "Mimi". Mimi is David's teddy bear that he sleeps with each night. He puts it right near his face and then sucks his thumb, and he's typically out really fast!
3. David is part fish/animal. He thinks he is supposed to live outside and will always run opposite of me when we are outside to ensure that he stays out longer. He also thinks he needs to jump/lay in any puddles, lakes, rivers, water of any sort that is near by.
4. Our David has a temper, but he is also extra soft and sweet. When he reaches up to kiss me and rub my face or pulls me near him in the grocery store, my heart melts and I fall in love with him all over again. He's such a delight to have in our home. We love him so much!
3 comments:
I can't believe that Matt can do 100 piece puzzles. That is absolutely amazing. Aiden is up to 50 piece ones, and he can put 24 piece ones in 5 minutes or less. I can't picture david with a temper. He looks so laid back. I love learning about your kids. They are absolutely adorable. love ya
I think about when my mom tells me things about when I was a kid, and I sometimes forget how WELL parents know there children. Isn't it amazing that we get to see them learn little by little everyday? And yet we see their personality traits from the moment they're born as well?
We really should have let our kids get together when you guys lived here, what were we thinking?? I really think they would get a long great!! I love learning about them. I have never tried puzzles like that with Andrew, I should!! Thanks for the idea!
Post a Comment