Here's the rules for this tag:
1: Each player starts with 8 random habits/facts about themselves.
2: People who are tagged need to write a post on their blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3: At the end of the post you need to choose 8 people to get tagged and list their names.
Here it goes:
1. I am hopelessly in love with my husband. It was his birthday yesterday, and we have had such a fun day today celebrating. We took him balloons and treats to his work yesterday. Then we went to his football game last night. The game was not so much fun tending to the boys by myself. But I did feel so proud to watch Ryan last night. PESH (Plano East Senior High School) has two grades: 11 and 12 with about 3500 kids. CRAZY size! They have two football stadiums for their school. And these are not little stadiums. I'm not sure what the max capacity is, but they're huge and super nice. And people, who don't even have kids, attend these football games. It's nuts! I felt like I was at a college stadium. Anyway, I felt so proud of him, watching him last night. He's making his dream happen and he's good at it. And today, we had a birthday party for him with all of his close friends, parents, and brother/sister-in-law. It was such a great time! I love you, Hon, and I'm humbled you would choose me. You teach me so much each day about forgiveness, charity, positive thinking, respect, and love. I love you always!
2. One of my favorite things to do is sit in airports. I love watching/observing people. It's so fun to guess what they are doing and going. Of course, this doesn't happen anymore, because when we are traveling, it's me, by myself, with the boys. CHAOS!!
3. I feel like one of my callings in life is to help women. This may sound really strange, being that I am a stay-at-home mom, but honestly, I have felt this confirmation over and over again. My goal is to eventually go back to school for another degree--this time in psychology/women's studies. I have hopes, then, of starting a non-profit organization to help battered women out by providing counseling services, teaching them skills, and providing some type of immediate service--like taking over food, digging wells, medicines/vaccinations, or something of the nature. This is definitely a long way down the road, but I believe in it. I would start my company here with hopes of ending up in Africa in post-war countries. In the mean time, I take visiting teaching very seriously. I try to reach out to random women everyday and connect with them.
4. Cooking is definitely one of my favorite past times. I love to bake things and try new recipes. There's something very therapeutic for me in creating something for others to enjoy. LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!
5. I played volleyball, fast-pitch softball, basketball, and ran track in high school. I also tutored, worked a part-time job, did music, chemistry club, and early morning seminary. In college, I joined many academic clubs and Polynesian club--I actually danced in a luau!
6. I love music. I get lost in the stories behind the music and the lyrics. Finding out why someone wrote something or how they went about it means so much to me.
7. I'm high strung. Big surprise?! People are probably entirely shocked by this comment--j/k. It's something that I work on everyday. I have a lot of inner anxiety and so I have to prep. myself about my daily schedule the night before in order to be as calm as possible.
8. I have debated about putting this last comment on here, but I guess, this blog is all about honesty, right? I struggle day in and day out with being a mother. So many days I feel inadequate. My Matthew has some very serious emotional disorders/behavior disorders. This isn't a news flash or anything, although some people may not be aware. However, it's something I have been working on/we have been working on with Matthew for over two years now. We have seen many doctors, done lots of behavior therapy, programs, etc. Some days, I feel like I do great and that I am assessing my son's needs accurately. Other days, I fall short and I set us up for failure in various situations by overscheduling or attending unnecessary situations/events, and on these days, I feel rock-bottom. We have Matthew in an amazing program here in Plano, and I feel entirely blessed to be a part of it. However, I also realize that some of these issues may not be curable. We may deal with some of these issues for mortality. And I am definitely up for the challenge. Does that mean that I do not struggle, though? Absolutely not. I am trying to be more positive and be a better mom to Matthew. I'm learning. My heart aches to know what the answers are. And many prayers have been answered, but some things, we will just always be working on/learning. In the meantime, I guess I'm asking for help. Please pray for me. Please continue to be my friend and talk to me. Some days, a comment from you gets me through.
I tag Jenny U., Gabi, April, Martha, Jan, Katie Y., Twink, and Amy.
14 comments:
I loved reading your tag...getting to know you better. I remember the first time I went to your house you told me about Matthew...you are such a fabulous mother and example to many, many women!! Keep it up...you are blessing many lives, including your own family!
thanks for putting this up Keri. Its been a while since we were in school together and I feel like I get to know you better by reading it! I really look up to you as an example mom that I hope SOMEDAY I can be. I always assume you know that, but I guess I hadn't ever told you.
Some of us do not have unique challenges with our kids and still feel inadequate. You're the mother your boys need and your sense of balance with your interests and goals keeps you that way. Love and miss you.
Nice tag! I just have to warn you that I am not a good tagger, but I will do my best. You are so great and I just wish you lived closer!
Keri, so I have kind of a personal question...my sisters little lady who is 5 almost six years old is starting to have some emotional/ behavioral issues and when I read your blog I thought I would ask you what your little Matthew has been diagnosed with. I might even have her call you if you wouldn't mind emailing me your info. My email is ktjyoung@gmail.com. My sister is in the very beginning stages of getting a diagnosis so she didn't know if you start at a psychologist or a psychiatrist...lots of questions as you probably already know. Anyway, I figured that any help is worth getting. Thanks so much for being wonderful.
Keri, that was really nice to read about you,I'm glad you responded to the tag. And THANK YOU so much for asking Mauri about the invite, I really appreciate it! You are such a terrific mother. Heavenly Father knew you could handle a situation like this even though it's very hard, and you do a great job. Your kids and hubby will and do look up to you, I'm pretty sure of that. Keep on being the wonderful woman that you are!!!
Keri,
Your blog and the comments you leave on mine seriously have a profound affect on me. Oh how I wish we had gotten to know each other better when we were in the same ward! I know that every time I click on your blog, I will be uplifted and strengthened. Thank you for that. I love how you show motherhood for what it really is - the joys as well as the challenges. Have you read the talk "Sharing the Gospel Using the Internet" by Elder Ballard? Every time I read your blog, I think of his talk. You have inspired me to share more of my feelings and testimony on my own blog - something I've only recently started to do. Thank you again, and good luck with some of the things you are facing right now. I really enjoyed reading this post!
oh man, keri...i WISH i ran 8:30 miles for 26 miles. My mile time was actually 10:30. So yeah, not so fast! :)
Keri, you're a strong girl and I truly believe that these kids with special needs are sent to you because you are the one who can help them and love them in the best way that is for them! My little sister, Maiya (8), also has some serious disorders that she is dealing with but I have watched my mother be tutored by the Lord...sometimes His answers aren't what the world would say and the hardest part is to let go of what the world thinks "good parenting" is and do what the Lord asks of us and what is best for the child. I have every confidence that you are doing an amazing job!
(((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))
You are an amazing MOM! Those boys are so lucky to have you! Truly. You are an inspiration. Your simple faith amazes me every time I read your blog. You are kind, compassionate, FULL of integrity ( I could go ON AND ON) and you are teaching your boys to have all of those traits as well! You are doing your best, and that's all you can do. Keep your chin up! You're doing GREAT!
haha!! Your tag is funny! I just posted one too. Your one of the few peeps I know who like the airport. Watching people is fun to do though. I have checked out the "Bring on the Rain" before, it was neat. Thank you SO much for your thoughts and prayers for me and Emil. Your just such a sweet and giving person! Your the best!
You are such an amazing person. You are such an example to me in so many ways. I can't tell you enough how an amazing mother you are. You are the most patient person I know. Thank you for your love and willingness to help everyone.
You are such an amazing person. You are such an example to me in so many ways. I can't tell you enough how an amazing mother you are. You are the most patient person I know. Thank you for your love and willingness to help everyone.
You shared the perfect personal things about yourself. I loved being your visiting teaching partner, because you are so serious and passionate about it, and that was a very good example to me. I absolutely loved the meals you prepared for me and my family when we had Stella, they were soooo delicious! I will forever be grateful for that, and will never forget how giving you were. I hope I will remember to pay it forward. And lastly, I think you are doing a wonderful job with Matthew, you are meeting his needs the best you can. Remember, God knows the intentions of our hearts and is very aware of them. Just do your best and don't beat yourself up over things out of your control. You're awesome!
Post a Comment