I have felt the urgency to bear my testimony over the last couple of days to anyone who reads this blog. And particularly, I wanted to touch on some rather delicate things: trials.
I feel like I have allowed myself to become so consumed by some day-to-day problems as of late. And I've felt really down about it. I've felt hopeless. I've wondered just how I am going to carry this load and succeed at that.
Last night, I had the opportunity to speak to a dear friend of mine, my wonderful and wise mother, and my sweet husband (He had softball, the temple, football practice, and work all in one day, so we had to call to touch base.). Upon finishing our conversations, I felt a really strong prompting to go to lds.org to read Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk to the women at Women's Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
I read it and the tears began to flow. It was as if the talk was directed to me. Everything he said in his talk, I needed to hear. The Spirit spoke strongly to my heart. I had so many impressions of what I need to be focusing my energies on and how I need to go about things.
Again this morning, I had the impression that I needed to take the Ensign to the gym with me while I was on the treadmill. Each article I read hit home.
I relearned about trials. I remembered that I need to be losing myself in the service of others to help alleviate others' burdens and that mine will be lightened as a result. I realized that sometimes I have a lot of pride and try to carry things on my own. There's a reason why Christ suffered in Gethsemane. He's already done taken on EVERYTHING. If we don't share our burdens with Him, it's as if He never overcame those things. I realized that my work as a mother is very important and has the power to save lives. Teaching my children is so important. At some point in my children's lives, when they are having a rough time, they will remember a song I taught them or a scripture we memorized and it will strengthen them.
I had so many deep impressions that are too personal to share, but I guess I just feel really grateful to my Father-in-Heaven. I know that He loves each of us, and knows how to succor us. He sent His Only Begotten Son for all of us. Christ has PERFECT empathy for each of us; He truly understands our struggles, our weaknesses, our strengths, our joys, our sorrows, everything. He loved us so much that He took on all of these things, along with our sins, and afflictions and temptations, so that we could repent and become clean again. He took them on so that we could turn to Him. I am forever grateful for prayer. I know that when we fully submit our will to Heavenly Father's that we can have so much joy. We can feel the Spirit of the Holy Ghost and feel peace. What greater blessings could we ask for?! He has given us all of the things we need to be able to return to live with Him again. Our afflictions help us grow. He loves us enough to let us struggle and be tried, but never beyond our capacity. However, He also provides the way for us to have these loads lightened. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father and my Savior. I love them and want to live with Them again. I know this is possible through faith, repentance, baptism, and the ordinances/covenants we participate/make in the Holy Temple. I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. It has the fulness of the truth in its teachings and the Restored Priesthood to the earth. Joseph Smith restored it, and we now have a living Prophet on the earth, President Thomas S. Monson. I am so excited to hear from him next week. I love the Lord. And I leave these things with you in His holy name, even Jesus Christ. Amen.
6 comments:
Keri, it amazes me how you always say what I need to hear!! I have thought about that talk for mothers this last week, but haven't taken the time to read it. I am going to RIGHT now!! I am not as good at listening to the Spirit as you are. Everything you said, I needed. THANK YOU for taking the time to share your testimony. I love it.
I went to the stake center to watch the women's session last satuday, and I loved that talk. It was my favorite. As women are minds are constantly moving from one thing we need to do to the next. His words were inspired and I will definitely be reading and re-reading his talk.
Thanks for sharing your testimony, Keri. You are a rock!
You are so awesome. Isn't it nice to have moments where you get exactly what you need. It makes you feel so loved and cared for. Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. I just love you.
Thanks for sharing your testimony. You are amazing, I really needed to hear that today. I will be reading this talk again for sure THANKS :)
Post a Comment