http://studio5.ksl.com/?nid=59&sid=4584463
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Happy Halloween With a Surprise Visit From Grandma Qweesh!
So these pics aren't too exciting, but we really have had a GREAT last week! We had so much fun the actual week of Halloween. Hope everyone else had a wonderful holiday too!
I love our traditional FHE right before Halloween. This is the day we always carve pumpkins, and it brings so many great memories of family. LOVE IT! LOVE IT!!! Matthew sort of freaked out about the insides of the pumpkin, so we had fun teasing him a little bit.


Matthew is obsessed with jackets lately, and the hood has to be up!
This is a website my mother-in-law sent me. It has been really fun to take some of their ideas and try them out. Although, ours didn't entirely work out, we made mini carmel apples. They tasted really YUMMY! They just weren't very pretty. If you do try them, I recommend that you dry the apples really, really well. Also, If you are doing carmel and then chocolate, use La Dolci (I think that's the name--it can be found in the fruit section at Albertson's/King Soopers.). For some reason, I don't think I spelled it right, but it's great for drying fast. Also, we followed the carmel recipe on our bag with 2 TBS water, but I would lessen that. It left the carmel runny the next day. I guess you could eat the apples right away too. And use nuts. The nuts helped so much to keep the carmel in place. If you're allergic, then use M&Ms or mini chocolate chips or marshmallows. Anyway, this was a fun little project, and the kids LOVED it!
http://studio5.ksl.com/?nid=59&sid=4584463
Although, Matthew does appear to be drugged in this shot.


Here it is, Stacey--our beautiful painted gourds and pumpkins.
For Halloween day, we actually went Trunk-or-Treating in the parking lot of our church with about 2 or 3 other wards. It was really fun, but there were so many people. It was a bit overwhelming. I passed out candy, while my mom took the kiddies around.
David is looking like such a carbon these days. I just want to squish his cheeks and kiss him.


Since Matthew has entered school, I have so looked forward to all of the little holiday parties and various treats I would get to bring for him. Because of . . . specific situations/people, we are not able to do anything of the nature. Matthew had hat day on Friday because they can't discuss Halloween. Just like, we can't bring anything baked from home for his Friendship Party; it has to be purchased. I guess I feel a little bit frustrated that because of other people's choices, everyone else is effected. Anyway, enough venting . . . he looked really darling in his conductor hat.
And this is my son's GREATEST advocate right here: Mama Qweesh. My mom flew in on Thursday morning so that she could help me take the kids trick-or-treating and help with the holiday--as Ryan had football. I cried when I found out she was coming. I've been super excited about Halloween, but I was really stressing, wondering how I would handle the kids by myself with all that was going on. I have such wonderful parents, who always have my best interest in mine and my children's. They are continuously sacrificing on our behalf and doing all that they can to help and support. I'm so blessed, and I love them so much.
Matthew's muscles. He was so excited to have Mama come, because it meant lots of time with her to himself. He LOVES his Mama. And he loves how she is so wrapped around his finger. His old Star Wars shirt has already been outgrown, so she bought him one that lights up. She also supplied him with many crafts to paint and make various projects with.
http://studio5.ksl.com/?nid=59&sid=4584463
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
The boys looks so cute. I agree with you on the halloween situation at the schools here. I too was looking forward to fun parties for Halloween, but like you said, because of certain people they aren't allowed to wear costumes or really celebrate it. I thought it was so sad. I bought Jess a halloween T-shirt to wear so he still felt like it was festive.
CUTE!! Your boys are just too darling. Claire too is obsessed with her jacket and hood. How funny.
Your boys are SO cute! looks like you had a fabulous Halloween! I can't believe how big your boys are getting...they grow too fast!!
Cute Pictures, I love the idea of the mini Carmel apples, we dipped the normal sized ones but the little ones would be fun with kids!!!! Looks like you had a fun Halloween :)
fun to find your blog, keri! way to maximize the Harvest/Halloween celebrations. So fun.
ps - i didn't know that was your mom with you at the trunk or treat -- I feel so rude for not introducing myself. hope she comes to town again!
How cute! I love those little boys and their cute innocent little faces! Looks like you guys had a FUN time! I am glad you guys had a fun Halloween this year!
I love that studio 5 website! I am ALWAYS on the recipe site! It has so many fun ideas!:) (By the way...You look great, as always!)
Your boys are HILARIOUS! I'm so glad your mom could come out, how fun for all of you.
So cute! Matthew is such a big boy, I can't even believe it.
Your boys are getting so big! I loved the pictures
That's so fun that your mom was able to come and visit! That sure helps out to have extra helping hands especially at this time of year.I'm glad you had a good time.
How fun! You are such a great Mom, I wish I had your patience to do those activities. Will you teach me? ;)
I loved seeing you guys at Trunk or Treat. Cutest thing is when your mom brought the boys to trick or treat from us, Matthew was soooo excited and David was totally chillin in the stroller with a big purple sucker in his mouth (and all over his face) :) I love it!
Hey to answer your question, yes you use embroidery floss. But I have found that it looks much better to break up the strings and only use one or two at most. That should help you make it look more delicate and less bulky. Let me know if that helps and if you have any other questions.
It looks like you had a super fun Halloween! Man, your boys are sure growing fast, especially David. He looks so grown up in these pics, I hate to say it Keri, but he looks more like a little boy than a baby now. I thought it was kinda weird that Claire's preschool wouldn't let them dress up on Halloween day for their party, but it looks like it could be even more strict after reading about the rules at Matthew's school. Crazy!
Cute mini apples!!! You always have the cutest pics on your blog! Yay for a visit from your Mommy!!
Post a Comment