David has slept with this bear since he was born. He named her when he first began to speak. She is sort of an all-inclusive bear. She smells of lovelies, as he sucks his thumb and her paw each day/night. She has been drug on the ground, through the playground, dipped in cream cheese and yogurt, ketchup, and anything else David has eaten. Mimi plays lullabies that comfort our little guy to sleep. When her tail is uncoiled/pulled out as far as it goes, David uses it as a gun to shoot random things all the while making accompanying noises.
Now, to the loss.
Today is going to be a very busy day (Although when this happened, I stopped to post.), so I started making dinner while the kids were eating breakfast--as this particular meal takes a while to cook. After breakfast, I put David in the tub and washed him down. He wasn't ready to get out, so I left him to play for a minute, while I went to the kitchen to turn the food. Upon my return, I noticed no noise coming from the tub. I quickened my steps and glanced in.
David had his sweet little Mimi in his arm, and with the other, he took his soft, squishy, blue washcloth and washed his beloved bear. Then, he would put the rag down, kiss her, rub her back, and hug her. Then, repeat the sequence again. It was such a sweet, tender moment for me. He really does love his little Mimi.
After ringing her out several times, I decided it was time to wash her and clean her. Granted I know that she will no longer make her beautiful music, but she needed a good wash. Anyway, the before and after reaction.
This is a miracle: She works still. We took her out of the washer, and pulled the tail, and melodious sounds are coming from her. One little boy is completely appeased now. A sweet, little tender mercy.
7 comments:
Oh, that poor little face! So sad when we have to clean things. That same thing happens when I have to wash Katelin's blanket. I try to be sneaky, but she somehow senses it or something and goes into the laundry room and looks through the window of the washing machine or dryer and begins to cry and cry. SO SAD!
It is amazing what kids get attatched to. Cole was the same way with his blanky, but now that he is older I can explain that it is dirty and needs to be washed. As long as he puts it in the washer we are good to go.
Too cute...what a sweet little boy!!
Okay. That wins for sweetest story of the year! What a sweet little boy to take such good care of his Mimi! Oh my gosh that is so adorable! What a sweetheart you have!
Kids are so cute about their special items!! Cole cries like that when we have to wash his blanket. He will only take this one particular blanket. He doesn't even like it when another blanket it even sitting next to him, or touching him.He will cry until we move it. So we have to hurry and wash his favorite when he isn't looking. He is usually very unhappy during that time. But the smile on his face is priceless when we give it to him straight from the dryer!! That's amazing that his bear still plays the music and works. Best of all the Mimi is clean and you have a happy boy again!!
aw, he really is SO dang cute!! That really is a miracle that it still plays music, and now the bear is clean too, BONUS!! I am glad he survived the ordeal, not easy on these little ones. Love your stories!!
Oh my gosh! The drama! I'm so glad everything worked out OK. I was on pins and needles reading this.
Post a Comment