To compensate for our many medical expenses, I went back to work for a day and a half a week. For those of you who know me, this has been a really difficult decision. You know how I feel about being home with the boys. Of course, I am still home with them, except for Friday nights for one hour before they go to bed, and then Saturday mid-morning to afternoon I am gone. Over the holiday break, we decided to have me work as much as possible to get the debt paid off faster. As a result, I have been pretty exhausted and worn out.
Ryan has filled in those gaps. He's been spending lots of play time with the boys, taking them for walks/bike rides, cooking meals, and playing with trains and spaceships/rockets. He also decided to "Winter Clean" our home--eliminating junk/clutter, organizing, and lots of cleaning! It has transformed our home. Ryan tidies here and there, but a deep clean, happens sporadically--never regularly. However, when he does, it is IMMACULATE and AMAZING! Thanks, Hon, for helping out so much--especially since I've been sick.
For New Years Eve this year, I worked during the day. I figured we would go out to dinner as a family and do something small. Last minute, things changed, Ryan's parents watched our boys, and we found ourselves on a night out on the town.
We chose a movie earlier in the evening, and then went to dinner with some friends afterwards. The favorite part of the date was the five hours we spent in the car/at the restaurant. We had so much time to talk, listen, LAUGH a LOT, eat delicious cuisine, and ring in the new year with friends. It was such a wonderful evening! To top it, Ryan danced with me under the stars--one of my, if not my, FAVORITE thing(s) to do with Ryan. And when we reached home, he had a dozen beautiful pale pink with brighter tipped roses waiting for me.
As we had dinner together, amidst the excitement of the upcoming year and the countdown of the old one/new one, I found myself lost in his gaze so many times. I watched his eyes dance as we laughed and told stories. I found myself wanting to reach across the table just to touch his hand or face, or brush my lips to his, because where he is, I am.
The next day, we were discussing the events of the previous night, and I teared up. All I could say, and I say now is, "Thanks. New Year's was perfect. Thanks for the PERFECT night. I couldn't have asked for more."
It's so refreshing to know that after six and a half years of marriage and seven and a half years of dating, Ryan still inspires me to be better. I still feel my heart flutter and butterflies in my stomach when he dresses up or even comes home after a long day. He helps me and serves me. My best interest is behind his motives. His testimony strengthens mine. He teaches me about the Gospel, about how to be a better person. We work as a team. We laugh. We play. I talk a lot. He talks. We listen. He listens. We plan together and individually. We uplift each other and build each other up. He encourages. He puts my goals at the forefront of his mind. He works hard. Again, we're a team. He's such an amazing and wonderful husband, father, and man.
I have so much love for you, Hon.
15 comments:
Wow, that made me get a little teary eyed. In todays world it's so important to support each other and and to make sure that our marriages are as strong as they can possibly be. You are such a great example to me! I love what you wrote about Ryan. It's just a reminder that we need to be our husband's #1 fan! I'm so glad that you had such a great night. Thanks for sharing it!
Ahhh, it does my heart good to hear such a sweet love story. We just love you guys. Where are you working?
I'm glad that you had a great New Year with Ryan. I had a great time with Adam as well. It is so important to take the time to still date each other. We hadn't been on a date in forever and it was much needed. I'm happy that you two are still so in love! You guys are the cutest!
Thank you for your sweet comments on our blog. Sounds like we have been dealing with a lot of similar health trials. Your family too has been in our prayers. Lets hope for a year with better immune systems! Sounds like you guys had a fantastic end to 2008 and perfect start to 2009. I am so sorry you have had to go back to work, but I am glad that you found a way to do it without being away from the kids too much. You are such a good mom and daughter of god who listens to the spirit. You inspire me to be better.
You two deserve each other. You are BOTH amazing people. Sounds like the ideal way to start 2009! Happy NEW year!!
What an amazing date! It is good to still be in love with your hubby, huh?!
Sad about having to work, but I am sure it is what has to be done to get those darn bills paid off.
We sure miss you guys. Let me know when you are coming to Colorado for a visit!
What an awsome experience. I cried reading it, just because Trev and I have those moments as well, even if it is amongst all the chaos (and yes my boys are CRAZY busy!- we love it!). I haven't read your blog for awhile- I loved your Christmas pictures, and the note to your angels, we've had angels to us as well, and it is such a testimony builder! Thank you for all your comments and your testimony.
That does sound like the perfect night, good job Ryan!! ;) and it has been forever, huh Keri?? I am glad to hear of your fun fun night, and hope things are going well for you. I hope that things continue to go well with the job, that is such a hard decision!! Things are really hard right now, aren't they? Who knows... we may be doing the same thing at some point, as much I wouldn't like to! Thanks for the fun updates!! love ya
I am inspired by you. You are amazing! You and Ryan are BOTH lucky to have each other! Sounds like such a FUN night!
Hey Keri!
It was great to hear from you. I can't believe David is 2. What cute boys. It is fun to stay in touch and see what your cute family is up to. That sounds like a super fun New years eve!
I love when you have those special moments that you really reconnect with your spouse and fall in love with them all over again. May the new year be good to you and your family - you deserve it!
What a fun night for you!! It's always nice to have a little romance. What is your job?
OK, Ryan and Keri had a wonderful evening together and I am happy they did. But I have to tell you what was happening as far as the baby sitting was concerned. Ryan and Keri dropped the kids off and said they would be late. They also told me I didn’t have to stay up and wait for them. I knew it was going to be impossible to even attempt staying up. But I was going to give it a try.
Ryan and Keri put the boys down and then took off for the night. Matthew wanted to read books so I let him do that. I turned on the closet light so he could wear himself out reading. I knew I would come back a few times to see how things were going. I settled down and was watching TV or a movie I honestly don’t remember. As I was sitting there David comes walking into the room and says “PA PA”, just really excited to see me. I looked at him and asked how he got out of the crib. “Have you learned how to climb?” In Davidees he was telling me what happened. I, of course, didn’t have my David translator on. So we just conversed all the way back. As you can imagine he didn’t want to go back down but he settled in. I went back to whatever I was doing thinking I should look in on them again.
So a few minutes later I went down and opened the door. David wasn’t in the crib and Matthew was lying on the bed reading books. I went into the room and David was on the bottom bunk bed. Again I asked how he got out. I put him back into the crib thinking he would be tried from climbing out so often. Again I left the room.
This time I stayed just outside the door and listened so see what was going to happen. I let them talk and make some noise before I opened the door. Well, to my surprise when I opened the door, low and behold, Matthew was in the crib with his arms wrapped around David’s legs below his bottom with the right side of his face pressed against David’s lower back, face red and eyes expressing a great struggle to lift David out of the crib.
Yes, it was partners in crime. I didn’t David could get out on his own. I looked at them and started laughing. We had a talk and they finally went to sleep. It reminded me of Ryan and Shea and Dallin and Travis when they were young. D’Lonna was always innocent, never did anything wrong. (Like you’re going to believe that).
I was/am the innocent one. I did get roped into many a crazy idea!
Post a Comment