Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Quick Trip To Colorado

There are many more pics to come, but I've been super swamped since I returned, thus . . . this is not finished. Anyway, the boys and I made a quick trip to CO. Below are some of our fun times. Again, thanks Mom & Dad for flying down to help me take the boys. And thanks for your hospitality. We had a great time! My cinnamon rolls NEVER turn out in Denver. So . . . I decided that I would make some before I left and take them to my family. Besides, I had to make some for my v.t. comp.'s birthday anyway, so . . . these ALWAYS turn out here. I'm not sure why not there. I've never tried them in UT. It is quite a long process, but well worth the effort. If you would like the recipe, go to: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Clone-of-a-Cinnabon/Detail.aspx.


Denver received quite a bit of snow while we were there, so we capitalized on this with a snowman, a snow angel, and sledding. Actually, my dad and my youngest brother took Matthew. Apparently, he complained of being cold and wet the entire time. They came home after about 30 minutes, and it probably took them 10-12 minutes each way. But Matthew did play in their back yard for several hours and we played in the front.




5 comments:

Rachel Seren said...

Looks like fun, I am glad you had a good time. Those cinamon rolls look yummy!

Christina said...

Awwww!! Fun! I'm glad you got to hang out with your family for a bit! Those cinnamon rolls look TO.DIE.FOR! YUMMMMMY!! Might have to try those out! Love the snowman! Glad your kids got to enjoy it! You guys can come visit us and enjoy OUR snow!! It'd be great to see you!! ;)

April said...

It is my dream to make homemade cinnamon rolls some day. Yours look delicous!
So was "quick trip" code for "sorry I didn't tell anyone I was coming so they could drive down and say hello"!! jk...I understand quick trips. I am glad you guys had fun.

P.S. Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog. I love hearing from you and all your wisdom! :) love you!

Jenni S said...

CUTE snowman! Looks like fun. And the cinnamon rolls look great. That's funny they work some places and not others. Well it's probably not that funny, more annoying huh?!

jason and michelle clarke said...

Those cinnamon rolls look YUMMY!! That's good that you were able to go see your family. I love the snowman!!