Monday, January 26, 2009

Random Thoughts By Keri Allred

I'm grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord. I have had so many "ah-ha" moments over the past week that just show me that Heavenly Father does not give up on us. Not only that, but He cares enough to teach us, no matter how old we are. He cares enough to bless us and inspire us. He reveals things to us through the Holy Ghost.

As I've reflected on past events, it has become evident to me just how much the Lord's Hand has been in my life without my recognizing it. I have realized how many things from my patriarchal blessing have already transpired and are still happening.

Events have made me feel grateful. I have crossed paths with many women and men, but mostly women who are going through some really hard times right now. I have wondered to myself how I would handle these situations without the companionship of the Holy Ghost.

At work at the movie theatre by our home, I have seen many parents taking their children to these terrible, evil, awful movies for bonding time together. I've again felt gratitude to my Father-in-Heaven for blessing me with the Gospel to learn from Jesus and how I can pattern my parenting after Him. I have felt gratitude for the standards of the church, for giving us "For the Strength of Youth".

I have felt Satan's desire for the righteous followers of Christ. I have been tested on where I stand. As I have born witness to holy things and stood up against evil things, I have been laughed at and rejected. And yet, I have felt victory. I have felt my testimony root further into the ground.

I have much to be grateful for.

Over the past week, my heart has been swollen with love for my dear children and sweet husband. I have been reminded of how precious they are. I have realized what strong and firm convictions my husband has in his beliefs and what great faith he has!

I've realized that I have accomplished much in my life, and I have mountains to go.

I've realized that the day of the Lord is here. It is only a matter of time. I realize that I must stand unified with my family--immediate, extended, ward, neighbors, etc. I must help build Zion and prepare for that day. I will "stand strong and immovable" and help the cause move forward.

9 comments:

Christina said...

Amen sister! I know I can always come to your blog for some SERIOUS UPLIFTMENT! (I know that's not a word...but it sounds good doesn't it?!)

YOU.ARE.AMAZING!

janine said...

I can really relate with what you wrote about here. Thanks for putting it in such a beautiful way. I have been acutely aware of the presence of the opposition recently. I feel like I'm being worked on constantly....especially being in a position where things are hard right now as far as being unemployed and living with family....its easy to get discouraged. It is an act of real mind and thought control to keep optimistic and feeling the Spirit. I'm grateful for the agency we have been given to overcome these feelings through the Holy Ghost!

Katie Jane said...

It makes me remember how good it feels to be surrounded by the spirit and good things when you look around at the world and wonder what in the world is going on! Thanks for your sweet testimony. I love it.

Megan Bartlett said...

Soooo true about what parents allow their children to see/do. It's very sad. How's the job going? I'm glad it's so close to your house so it isn't too much of a pain to get to!

Tracy Giles said...

This is why I love reading your blog! You always have the best things to say. I have been struggling lately because I know so many people who are going through hard times right now and most are health issues. It really does remind us to count our blessings.

Seantae Jackson said...

Thank you for being such a great example to this world. That nomatter what your beliefs are, that it is always worth it to have faith.

kevin and angie said...

As always you AMAZE me with your words!! You have such a way of saying things. I really needed this today!! You have such a strong, powerful testimony, and I have so much to learn from you! Thank you so much for sharing this, and reminding me of what is really important! I too am so thankful for this gospel, and I too often take it for granted.

Ellis said...

You are such a beautiful woman, inside and out. Your family is so lucky to have you!

jason and michelle clarke said...

I don't know how you come up with such great ways of wording things, it's amazing. You have a special talent and a great spirit!