Monday, February 9, 2009

The Windows of Heaven

Again, I cannot say enough about my sweet boys. They're both entirely different, and yet, they are these kindred / "best friends-for-life" brothers. I LOVE it! Please note that the reason David's shirt is unbuttoned is because the sleeves would not even come close. This is a 3T, folks!
Matthew: Mom, where are you going tonight?
Me: No where.
Matthew: Not to work?
Me: No.
Matthew: Not to young womens?
Me: No.
Matthew: Not to church?
Me: Nope.
Matthew: Thanks, Mom!
Today was Matthew's first day riding the pre-school bus. When it came time to go wait, we still had not finished lunch, so . . . I left David at the table with his mac and cheese. Then, Matthew and I grabbed ours to wait at the bottom of the stairs. I kissed and hugged Matthew. He ate a few more bites. Then, the helper came and helped him on and buckled him in, and he was off. I ran up the stairs to go back to David. His bowl was totally empty and he was asking for more "chee". He said, "Mamma's chee"="Matthew's mac & cheese. I gave him the bowl and he scarfed that down. Then he said, "More chee". "Mama's chee." I gave him the rest of my bowl, but it was empty. So . . . I filled his up with more from the pan. Me: Is it good, Davey? David: No. Go figure, Kid. You're on your fourth bowl of the worst tasting macaroni and cheese ever. You crack me up!

Much is to be said of last week. My heart is very full of gratitude to Heavenly Father for once again watching over our little family. I cannot express everything, as I feel the events are too sacred to share. However, direct prayers were answered, and more than one. Priesthood blessings were given from people who had no idea about what was going on, and verbatim of what we prayed for. So many people acted on promptings that they didn't even realize were such. Windows were opened for us to relieve some heavy burdens and provide further opportunities and blessings.

I know that the promise in Malachi 3:10 is very real. If we pay our tithes and offerings, He really will pour out blessings on us so much that there will not be enough room to receive them. When we put our trust in the Lord and lean not unto our own understanding, He really does bless us and make our lives more than we ever thought. He is aware of each of us. He loves us. I'm so grateful to Father-in-Heaven and my Savior. I love them.

9 comments:

Jenni S said...

What little sweeties. I'm glad you were taken care of. That's always a neat experience when you recognize it.

Ellis said...

Thanks for sharing your sweet testimony and faith. You are an inspiration to so many people!And your boys!? They are gonna be heart breakers! So handsome!

Natalie said...

Keri--your boys are too cute!! That brotherly love shows right though the computer! Thanks for sharing your sweet experiences...hope all is well. Thanks for your love and prayers!

Gabi and Steve said...

Keri, they are just getting cuter and cuter...I love them in their church outfits, they look so grown up. Matthew is getting is really tall! Your mom told us yesterday about Matthew riding the bus for the first time...he must have enjoyed it lot! How are you guys doing? Hope all is well. Give the boys a hug from us. Have a great week.

Christina said...

Awwww!!! I love that he said THANKS for staying HOME!! How sweet! Those boys are so lucky to have you as their MOMMY!! You do such a great job with them! They are so lucky to have you as an example.
I'm glad you have felt our Heavenly Father's love surrounding you these past weeks. Isn't it great when we get little glimpses and reminders of why we are here?!
Keep doing what your doing girl! You're doing GREAT!!!

Allred Family said...

You are doing a great job, those boys are so lucky to have such a great mommy. Sounds like you are all being looked after, what a special experience!!! Thanks for sharing, i really needed to hear it today :)

MUTHABOMB said...

Keri,
I just love your posts. You have such a sweet spirit about you that even in reading your words I so feel your heart and am deeply touched. (I hope that makes sense)

I still remember when ya'll moved into our ward and little Matthew was in our sunbeam class....what a joy he is. Jeff still talks to him about sharks :) You are truly blessed with some wonderful little boys from a great family in which I love!

Rachel Seren said...

They are getting so big, I would love to see our boys play together! glad things are going well. Props to you for letting him ride the bus. I am not ready to cut those strings yet!:)

Megan Bartlett said...

They are SOOOOO cute! And so is your sweet husband! Talk about a sweet Valentine's letter!