We got to bed at 6:30 this morning or actually, that's when I finally went to bed. However, the clock went off a few minutes later, so I didn't really go to sleep. Ryan got up around 5 a.m. to head to work with no sleep. Plus, around 4:30 a.m. David had come into our room. I hope we can get a schedule going soon. The second night, Ethan slept great. We need more of those. Thankfully, I'm a stay-at-home mom. Poor Ryan.
One really sweet thing did happen, however. Ethan latched onto my chin in the night while I was holding him. Both of our other boys did that too.
Here are more pics, as promised Mom.
Ethan's definitely more jaundiced. Apparently, we have different blood types and "Coombs" happens in the womb where my blood tries to kill off his red blood cells; thus, making the jaundice more likely to occur at higher levels. David had really high jaundice levels when he was born to the point of almost being hospitalized, but they never mentioned it was because we were different blood types. Anyway, the doctors are not worried about it. If he was going to have SUPER high levels, it would have manifested itself at the hospital. His PKU is still below 10. We'll go into the office today to get his heel pricked and see if we need the biliruben lights. I sure hope not.
Barbara gave Ethan a little sponge bath. This little man for sure has an opinion about being stripped down. However, he's getting better with the diaper changes. The binky helps a lot.


Matthew is being super sweet to Ethan too.
While I'm thrilled the boys are treating each other kindly, they're definitely taking the baby out on each other. We've seen more fighting, door slamming, physical aggression, purposeful toilet accidents, and ticks than we have in a LONG time. I hope these can go away soon.
Yesterday, Ryan was holding Ethan and said, "I love you, Ethan." David, who was in the room, immediately said, "I love you too, Daddy." It tugged at my heart strings. I know this is a really hard transition for the boys.
My boys--almost enough for a basketball team.

Barbara. She helped out SO MUCH while she was here. I came home to an immaculate house. She did laundry, brought frozen meals, cooked, took the boys to the park everyday, to McDonald's, to the store, outside, to the library, played, read, gave baths, cleaned rooms, EVERYTHING. Thank you so much for your sacrifice and help. You really alleviated so many burdens.
And randomness. This is what our kitchen now looks like. After four coats of paint, we settled for a mint green color, which actually turns bluish on the wall (exactly what we wanted), that matches our new picture. Next project on the list is shelves in the garage, and painting our family room, hallway, and bedroom.

6 comments:
Hang in there, Keri! It is such a big adjustment for everyone. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way.
Congrats on your beautiful new baby boy! you are a wonderful mom so I know things will fall into place fast (well, as fast as they possibly can with a newborn around). ALL your boys are just as precious as can be!!
CONGRATS ALLRED FAMILY!!! We are so excited for you!! I am glad that everything went well... the hard part is trying to get back into every day life. I am sure the boys will quickly adjust and you will get back into a schedule again. I wish I were there to help out!! I loved all of the pictures, what a good lookin family!
Callie tested positive for Coombs as well and had to be under the lights in the hospital. Her numbers were really high and it was pretty serious for a day or so. I'm glad that Ethan is home and doing well. I am RH- and Adam is RH+, so I know all about the jaundice and heel pricks. It's no fun. Three definitely is an adjustment. It takes awhile to find your grove again, but I promise you it will happen. Just give it time (easier said than done, I know). Anyway, I'm glad that you are all home and doing well. Things will get better. Love ya!
He is just adorable! Transitioning to 3 was really rough on me, but after awhile, it gets better! Hang in there! I am worried sick about adding #4. I have NO CLUE how I will manage! It's a good thing my mom lives 6 minutes from me! Love the pics! Keep em coming!
What cute pictures! I hope it gets easier for you very soon.
Post a Comment